- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
- May 4: Chevrolet Malibu Recalled to Fix Shift Selector Problems
- April 24: GM Recalls Older Cars To Fix Fire Risk From Leaking Gaskets
- April 11: Steering Wheels Stick in the Chevy Cruze, Malibu and Buick Verano
Tire Well Leaks
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 64,837 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (4 reports)
body / paint problem