- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 11 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 19 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 32 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 42 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 61 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- abs light comes on with brakes14
- bad rotors and brakes from the factory12
- brakes wear prematurely6
- NHTSA: Service Brakes48
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic15
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control5
- NHTSA: Traction Control System4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Antilock: Abs Warning Light1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.