- July 27: GM Orders Second Recall Over Sensing and Diagnostic Modules recalls | 1 days ago
- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 31 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 37 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 40 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 45 days ago
Abs Light Comes On With Brakes
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,333 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (13 reports)
- contact cleaner on plugs (1 reports)