- June 27: GM Recalls Chevrolet SS Cars Over Loss of Power Steering recalls | 1 days ago
- June 21: Chevrolet HHR Owner Says Ignition Switch Caused Crash news | 7 days ago
- June 18: GM Self-Driving Cars Ready For Action news | 10 days ago
- June 13: Chevy Corvette Z06 Lawsuit Says Cars Enter 'Limp Mode' news | 15 days ago
- May 31: General Motors Still Battling Ignition Switch Lawsuits news | 28 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 46,426 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.