- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 3 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 9 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 30 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 41 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Equinox
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
Worst 2006 Equinox cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- overheating with no interior heater (related)1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System15
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Fan1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.