- May 4: GM Recalls Trucks and SUVs For Dangerous Steering Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- April 18: Cars Without Airbags Receive 'Zero' Stars in Safety Tests news | 17 days ago
- April 16: GM Recalls 1 Million Chevy and GMC Trucks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 11: GM Up 3 to 1 in New York Ignition Switch Trials news | 24 days ago
- March 29: Call the Cops! Chevrolet Caprice Police Cars Recalled recalls | 37 days ago
Intake Head Gaskets Failed
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 62,426 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- pour leak fix in coolant (1 reports)
- relaced head gaskets (1 reports)