- February 10: GM Recalls 426,000 Trucks and SUVs For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 3 days ago
- February 9: Chevy Cruze Lawsuit Says Steering Wheels Lock news | 4 days ago
- January 7: 2015 Chevy Corvette Lawsuit Says Car is Defective news | 37 days ago
- January 5: General Motors Recalls SUVs Due To Rowdy Robotic Welder recalls | 39 days ago
- December 29: GM Recalls Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Trucks recalls | 46 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Equinox is plagued by a heating problem, as in the heater only blows cold air.
The reported cause of this problem is a small door, known as the air temperature blend door, which allows air to flow past the heater core. This door has a plastic connecting shaft to an electric motor and the shaft is prone to breaking after a few years. The problem has a typical repair cost of over $800.
The 2006 Equinox also has a number of reported problems ranging from the key getting stuck in the ignition, to failing speed sensors, and trouble starting the engine. All in all, this car sounds like one worth avoiding.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 102,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)