2007 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 192007

Equinox

I bought a 2007 Chevy Equinox new. A couple of days after taking it home a strange problem started occurring, an electrical problem between the left speakers and the directionals. A loud rapid noise would suddenly come through the left speakers as I was driving and would continue until I used the turn signal (either direction). I had the vehicle back to the dealer numerous times. First I was told there was an intermittent short in the radio, but the radio replacement did not fix the problem. Then the left tweeter speaker was changed, the radio recalibrated (three times), the radio software updated, and finally the body control module changed. None of these things fixed the problem. The GM engineer looked at it twice and still couldn't solve the problem. I was told no other GM product in the entire country had the same problem as my vehicle. When I went to the general manager of the dealership and told him of the problem and that the vehicle was a lemon, he contacted the GM district rep, who refused to replace the vehicle. I was forced to take GM to arbitration, and now I am getting my money back plus my filing fee. The problem is a safety issue and significantly impairs the value of the vehicle. I am turning the Equinox in next week, taking my money and buying a Honda CR-V. I would not advise anyone to buy an Equinox after my experience, and especially GM's attitude. In fact, I will never buy another GM product. If you have had your Equinox to the dealer at least 4 times for the same problem and are still getting the run around and no resolution, first write to the Chevy customer assistance center for help in repairing the vehicle. You will need to do this in order to request a replacement vehicle or a repurchase. Second, don't let GM keep stringing you along. File for arbitration under your state's lemon law program. It'll come to that anyway. Please, read the reviews and the auto blogs about this vehicle on line. Even the newest models rate poorly.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA