4.8

2007 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Nov 152010

Equinox

2007 Chevy Equinox. Water leaks into spare tire well. I never had occasion to look in the spare tire well as I have never had a flat tire so I don't know when it started leaking. But after checking on the internet I find that this is an ongoing problem with this vehicle from the very first time that GM started producing this vehicle.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Mar 142010

Equinox

I have the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox which been a lemon since new. Among the many breakdowns over the three years the driver side power lock does not work and the most glaring is the sudden failure of the power steering assist motor. My wife was putting air in the tire and the battery failed. The battery needed a sudden recharge. Why pay on a vehicle with constant breakdowns. The repairs alone on the power steering assist motor are over 700 dollars to also get the stabilitrak light off. The recall of the power steering assist motor on the Chevrolet cobalt needs to extend to the Chevrolet Equinox as well. Now with no money to fix the motor, the driving has and is an adventure with no power steering. Even if I could fix the vehicle myself, the part is virtually unavailable.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jul 132007

Equinox

The passenger air bag only comes on now & then. My vehicle has been to the garage numerous times. I've explained what happens. Also have issue with wipes work, then not, blinkers work then not, blinkers double click. Radio gets real loud sometimes, beeps when door open real loud. Have replaced 3 batteries & two starters. But everytime in garage, hear "nothing wrong". I don't feel safe driving my car. I'm afraid if I get in accident my air bag wont work. All this started six months after bought car.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Feb 192008

Equinox 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving 90 mph, the vehicle accelerated to a high speed. The contact downshifted, which caused the vehicle to decrease to an appropriate speed. The failure recurred when he shifted gears; however, he was once again able to downshift the vehicle and it returned to a normal speed. The dealer stated that the floormat was caught in the groove and caused the unintended acceleration. The purchase date was unknown. The current and failure mileages were 2,160.

- Egg Harbor Township, NJ, USA