2.6

2007 Chevrolet Equinox electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jun 032011

Equinox

2007 Equinox Chevrolet - the ignition has been locking up and key could not be removed. Dealership has replaced ignition three times and it still locked up. Today the wheel is locked, the gear shift is locked up and nothing will move. They are sending a tow truck to haul it into the shop again. My complaint is not the dealership it is Chevrolet. The internet lists thousands of Equinox's with the same issue and a recall should have been done to pull these in and fix the issue once and for all at no cost to the consumer. I think it is time for a class action suit against Chevrolet. My issue has been ongoing for since this past winter.

- Kaysville, UT, USA

Sep 152011

Equinox

I was driving the truck and it just shut down on me. Since then I have gotten a new alternator, starter, batter, battery cables, fuses, egr valve, and power relay switch. The car is still not holding a charge.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 012010

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the SRS warning lamp was illuminated. In addition, the vehicle would sporadically fail to start. The contact also added that when driving in inclement weather, the spare tire well would fill with water. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for repairs or diagnosis. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 32,000 and the current mileage was 36,000.

- Neptune, NJ, USA

Mar 012008

Equinox

I've had just exact same problem as the following other complaint explains... I bought a 2007 Chevy Equinox new. A couple of days after taking it home a strange problem started occurring, an electrical problem between the left speakers and the directionals. A loud rapid noise would suddenly come through the left speakers as I was driving and would continue until I used the turn signal (either direction). The dealership has never been able to locate the problem and I have the same problem still.

- Snellville, GA, USA

May 152011

Equinox 6-cyl

Vehicle has temporary loss of power for things like dash board lights, radio, power locks and additionally I hear popping noises from front end of car and to add to this frustration on Sunday the power steering completely failed with no previous warning indicators. Fortunately, I was in a parking space and simply could not steer my car to exit. I have had it repaired at the cost of over $700.

- Katy, TX, USA

Apr 112011

Equinox 6-cyl

I have had continuous problems with brake lights and turn signal lights going out.. over the last couple of weeks my headlights have been getting stuck in the bright position, now yesterday on my drive home smoke started coming from between my steering wheel and the dash; during this the blue bright light indicator was flashing. I pulled over and exited the car. The smoke dissipated very quickly and continued the short distance home with no more problems... I called the dealership who said it sounded like I had wires "touching" they want me to bring it in however my warranty is up, and I am on a limited income. This is very frustrating considering it sounds like a manufacture problem.

- Henderson, TX, USA

Dec 152007

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 65 mph, the service track system and engine power reduce light illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact stated the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver. The contact pulled over to the side of the road and the vehicle stalled. Once the engine was shut off and restarted, the vehicle was able to be driven. The failure occurred three times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technicians were unable to diagnose or duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and a case was filed. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000.

- Grandview, TX, USA

Sep 102010

Equinox

The AWD on my 2007 Equinox has been exceptionally loud ever since I bought the car. I just figured it was supposed to be like that and didn't worry about it since it came on whenever we had a heavy rain. This past winter, I go stuck in a snowstorm and my AWD never came on, which led to me losing control of my vehicle. Luckily, I didn't crash but hated the entire experience since I had my two small children with me. Anyway, over the weekend (9/10/2010), my stabilitrak service light came on. Since I was also having problems getting the key out of the ignition, I took it to a dealership who told me the main computer (BCM) needs to be replaced. This computer is the reason why my AWD doesn't operate properly and the reason why my key cannot be pulled out of the ignition.

- Wilson, NC, USA

Jun 112010

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the stability track lights illuminated without reason. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised there was an electrical failure with the electronic assembly and caused the stability sensor light to illuminate. The sensor was reset at the owners expense yet, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileages were 72,221.

- Patterson, NJ, USA

Feb 082010

Equinox

Currently my vehicle will not start. It seems that the battery is fine as all of the electronics in the vehicle are working, including radio/door locks. When the key is turned all of the electronics just "click" and the motor does nothing. This happened just after christmas this past year as well. Luckily at that time I was at my parents house and though jump starting it would not work, we were able to charge the battery for about 6 hours and then it started. I have also had numerous problems with my radio (actually all sound in the car - including turn signals) that randomly just dont work or that when the car is started blast sound for about 30 seconds before the radio returns to normal - but the signals still produce a wierd, somewhat echoing sound when they do click. I have taken it to the dealer but they are unable to recreate the problem and send me on my way.

- Cheektowaga, NY, USA

Aug 192007

Equinox

I bought a 2007 Chevy Equinox new. A couple of days after taking it home a strange problem started occurring, an electrical problem between the left speakers and the directionals. A loud rapid noise would suddenly come through the left speakers as I was driving and would continue until I used the turn signal (either direction). I had the vehicle back to the dealer numerous times. First I was told there was an intermittent short in the radio, but the radio replacement did not fix the problem. Then the left tweeter speaker was changed, the radio recalibrated (three times), the radio software updated, and finally the body control module changed. None of these things fixed the problem. The GM engineer looked at it twice and still couldn't solve the problem. I was told no other GM product in the entire country had the same problem as my vehicle. When I went to the general manager of the dealership and told him of the problem and that the vehicle was a lemon, he contacted the GM district rep, who refused to replace the vehicle. I was forced to take GM to arbitration, and now I am getting my money back plus my filing fee. The problem is a safety issue and significantly impairs the value of the vehicle. I am turning the Equinox in next week, taking my money and buying a Honda CR-V. I would not advise anyone to buy an Equinox after my experience, and especially GM's attitude. In fact, I will never buy another GM product. If you have had your Equinox to the dealer at least 4 times for the same problem and are still getting the run around and no resolution, first write to the Chevy customer assistance center for help in repairing the vehicle. You will need to do this in order to request a replacement vehicle or a repurchase. Second, don't let GM keep stringing you along. File for arbitration under your state's lemon law program. It'll come to that anyway. Please, read the reviews and the auto blogs about this vehicle on line. Even the newest models rate poorly.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Jul 132007

Equinox

The passenger air bag only comes on now & then. My vehicle has been to the garage numerous times. I've explained what happens. Also have issue with wipes work, then not, blinkers work then not, blinkers double click. Radio gets real loud sometimes, beeps when door open real loud. Have replaced 3 batteries & two starters. But everytime in garage, hear "nothing wrong". I don't feel safe driving my car. I'm afraid if I get in accident my air bag wont work. All this started six months after bought car.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Jul 102007

Equinox 6-cyl

My trip odometer keeps resetting on its own, when your going down the road. Also my car sounds like it is taking off when started the first time during the day. I was told it will warm up and go away. But it sounds like the exhaust is falling off or something. I think there is a problem with the computer since it has been. And the passenger seat air bag does not always come on. Reset several times, but keeps doing the same thing with the trip odometer.

- Sterling, IL, USA