2007 Chevrolet Equinox electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 092016

"takata recall " fuel gage going crazy 10- 16 -2016 steering locked up hard to steer 10-2014 I was driveing anti skid work and does not work. 10-2009 until now while driveing

- Quincy, FL, USA

Jul 012016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the vehicle's speedometer failed. The contact took the vehicle to two certified mechanics who stated that the speedometer motor needed to be replaced; however, the exact failure was not able to be properly identified. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact to take the vehicle to the dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000.

- St. Francis, WI, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. After turning the vehicle off, the ignition key remained stuck in the ignition switch. In addition, the hazard lights failed to operate. The bulbs for the hazard lights were replaced, but the failure recurred one week later. While operating the vehicle, the engine overheated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Aug 022016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air bag sensor failed to operate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Tomah, WI, USA

Aug 192016

When I have a passenger in the seat the airbag never comes on and the airbag light stays on and tells me it needs service. Also all my gauges are all out of wack not sure if it is a recall or not once I hit 100,000 miles all these things came about. Also there was a recall on the fuel system and at the time I did not have a problem as of yet, on 9/29/15 I then smelled the gas and called mk smith Chevrolet to see if there were any recalls on this and they told me no, so I did take it somewhere else to be fixed due to it being cheaper for me and got it fixed and paid $633.60. I have document for that. Now my key in the ignition does not come out and I hear a clicking noise by the ignition I'm not sure if that as well is a recall on the Equinox 2007. Please let me know if any of these problems are recalls on my vehicle. I just have read all these other complaints on the same issues on the Equinox 2007.

- Chino, CA, USA

Sep 062015

The speedometer on my 2007 Chevy Equinox started going crazy. I'm driving down the road at 30 mph but the speedometer says I'm doing 60 mph. When I'm on the highway doing 55 mph, it bounces between 90 to 120 mph. I've even been parked in the driveway doing 120 mph. Something is seriously wrong. I've found out about numerous other complaints with other Chevy's doing the same thing but Chevy doesn't want to include the Equinox. I want to know what my next step is going to be.

- Spring Lake Park, MN, USA

May 272016

I got this car from frederi K auto center in March. Ever since then I had problems. I told them I let them. Knkw about them and they always said nothing was wrong with it. The one time they were supoose to fix something they had the car for two days and rhey put tape all over the hoses ro stop the leaks. They also failed the md inspection considering my wires are melted together and my ignition doesnt work right which wouldnt have pass. Then they repo it when I wqsnt late on my payemnt because I said I want it fixed sinxe it was sols that way or I will file a compalint. Everything qas illegal thatbthey did.

- Mt Airy, MD, USA

Mar 102016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the key was unable to be removed from the ignition. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the shifter switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,227.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jan 012016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked and lost power. The stability control and the traction control warning indicators illuminated. The failure occurred while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing, but the failure could not be found. The vehicle was taken to a transmission specialist who stated that the failure was not due to the transmission. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Gouverneur, NY, USA

Jun 022013

Took my 2007 Equinox to dealership where I but it in may of 2007 to tell them about passenger side airbag not working correctly when certain individuals luke myself were sitting in passenger seat and I was told nothing they could do that I just needed to carry a gallon of water on my lap because I was to small. Fyi I weigh 120. Also the key keeps getting stuck in the ignition I think this is very unsafe along with the airbag. Would like a response asap my Equinox only has 42000 miles.

- Washington, PA, USA

May 212014

Equinox 6-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Chevy Equinox at a Chevy dealership in 2014. A couple of weeks after purchase I started having trouble with the key in the ignition. It would sometimes get so I could not pull it out of the ignition after putting the vehicle in park. I have waited for a year, because I believed the problem would get better. The problem has continued, and is slowly getting worse. I have even tried different sets of keys to see if that made a difference, it has not. It does not matter if the vehicle is parked on a flat service or on an incline, the key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. I have even taken all other keys off the key ring thinking that would make a difference, it did not. The only way that I can get the key out is by shaking the shifter on the floor and wobble the steering wheel back and forth. That does not always work, so sometimes I have to turn the vehicle back on and off again to get it to come out. I am afraid that one of these times I am not going to be able to get the key out of the ignition which will make it easier for someone to break into it and steal it from me. I have gone back to the dealership that I purchased the vehicle and told me that I would have to replace the ignition cylinder at my own expense since there is no official recall on the part.

- Sedalia, MO, USA

Oct 192009

Equinox 6-cyl

On October 19, 2009, I purchased a Chevrolet Equinox 2007. At the time of purchase I noticed condensation in the passenger side front headlight lens and I was told by the salesman at the time that it would "burn off" if I kept the lights on. Since that time both driver and passenger headlights have developed the condensation issue. The condensation does not burn off just keeps accumulating to the point where the headlight bulb would just burn out. In the past six years I have replaced the various bulbs in the headlight assembly nine times and the bulb socket assemblies have been corroded as a result of the constant presence of moisture. Often times I would be driving at night when the bulbs would go out making this a severe safety issue.

- Laurence Harbor, NJ, USA

Mar 172015

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the key would not eject from the ignition when turning off the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000. Updated 4/21/15 the consumer stated she was unable to shift the gear out of park and the key would not come out of the ignition. Updated 04/28/15

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA

Mar 162015

Equinox 6-cyl

I notice while my wife was driving no side breaklights but center light came on. I have changed the bulbs and checked fuses and still no brake lights.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jan 012013

Equinox 6-cyl

Sometimes the ignition freezes up and does not allow you to remove the key. Although this doesn't happen every time it happens enough to be a concern. If in a mall parking lot it could render one in a dangerous position of not being able to take the key out of the ignition. I usually have to wait several minutes, up to 20, before the ignition will release the key.

- Lochbuie, CO, USA

Aug 112014

Equinox 6-cyl

My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. I literally have to turn my car on and off, move the shifter in and out of park, shake the shifter, take my foot off of the brakes, at least 10-15 times before the ignition will release the key. I tried to make an appt with a Chevy dealership when this problem went public and they cancelled me because my vehicle was not part of the recall. I talked to a representative shakevia with Chevrolet chat and she said that I would have to be responsible for all of the diagnosis and repair fees since my vehicle is not included with the recall. I looked at the recall list and all the vehicles that are on there, the year of my vehicle fits in every single column.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jan 152013

Equinox 6-cyl

After parking car and turning key to turn off engine I can't get the key out the car. Issue happens a few times a week and sometimes happens all day. Sometimes you have to sit and wait or restart car and drive around and then park to get key out. I have seen the issue reported on multiple sites and forums yet GM still hasn't issued a recall.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 012014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the key failed to release from the ignition. The contact had to make several attempts before the key dislodged from the switch. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Oct 012012

Equinox 6-cyl

Speedometer went from 40 to 120 miles an hour. And tack was stuck at 1 1/2 mark. Could not tell what speed I was actually going. On a 2007 Equinox ls.

- Schoolcraft, Mi. , MI, USA

Feb 012014

Equinox 6-cyl

I have multiple issues currently and they all seem to be listed on other complaints. 1. the driver side window has completely stopped working. It seems to have become disconnected to the motor as I can hear the motor going up and down within the door. 2. stabilitrak warning and engine light are constantly turning on and off. This has happened on and off over the past year or so but the dealership could not get a reading from the computer. Now it has been on for the past 2 weeks constantly 3. the temperature gauge in the instrument panel does not work. Took it into the dealer and they replaced the thermostat a few days later the gauge went haywire again. It gets worse when I fill up with gas and tends to mirror the gas gauge reading most of the time. 4. the key will not come out of the ignition when turning off the car. This is extremely frustrating. I put the car in park, turn the key off, the engine turns off but the key will not come out of the ignition. Have to turn car back on, put it in and out of park, turn the wheel, back up, drive forward or just sit and wait a few minutes and it comes out. 5. occasionally the electronics go crazy - the turn signals won't work and the radio shuts down. It makes a sound when it does this as well, like a clicking noise but it only lasts for a few seconds and I can't figure out what causes it.

- Belgrade, MT, USA