2.1

2007 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 282013

Equinox 6-cyl

On 1/28/13 I replaced the throttle body at GM certified dealer. Truck was diagnosed with code P2135 for failed throttle body and connector. While driving my 2007 Chevy Equinox it displayed service traction control, service stabiltrak, engine power reducing and check engine light. On 7/5/13 I returned my truck back to the dealer. They diagnosed the truck again and replaced the part a second time. Now on 8/19/13 the truck was back at the dealer for third time and same issue. Dealer diagnosed my truck and could not find anything wrong at the time after I complained of same issue displayed on vehicle. 9/11/13 the service traction control/stabiltrak with check engine came on again. I took the truck back to the dealer and showed them video of the problem happening. This time they said they would diagnosed it and get to the bottom of my complaint. I called GM that day complaining of the same issue from last month. GM reopened my case and said it would be transferred to another department level. The dealer called me later in the day and replaced the throttle body and connectors free of charge again. Every time while driving this truck I was traveling with my children and almost had accidents with this. This is unsafe and GM needs to have a recall on this part and model of truck. Some thing has to be done before it becomes fatal!!! hopefully this time the problem is corrected.

- River Grove , IL, USA

Sep 272012

Equinox 6-cyl

I noticed a gas smell when I got out of my car and when it is parked in my driveway. I took it to the dealership where I bought the car and they looked at it for me. They told me the gas tank was leaking a little bit from the top of the tank. I then did some research and found out that there is a recall on the fuel pump for the same reason. I live in Kentucky and the recall is in the western states. Why is it only in those states it is a defect in the part itself and I feel as if it should be replaced just the same as the others. Also I am having a problem with the stabilitrack in my vehicle. A warning will appear on the dash that states service stabilitrack, stabilitrack off, and then it will state engine power reduced and the engine will reduce power. I have seen a lot of complaints online about that as well.

- Lawrenceburg, KY, USA

Sep 202007

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While parked, the contact noticed that the ABS and stable track warning lights were illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure however, reset the computer but the failure continued. The warning lights continued to illuminate intermittently. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the technician advised the contact that the egr valve would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Deer[Ark, TX, USA

Jun 122010

Equinox

The belt tension fell off. Handfull of parts fell out from under the vehicle while the car was parked. Belt tensioner broken at spring end; replaced tensioner.

- Denton, TX, USA

Jun 252008

Equinox 6-cyl

First problem happened recall on spark plug boot 1 cylinder wasn't firing, was fixed under warranty as was the gasket for the hatchback was bad. That lead to a gallon or so of water into my spare tire compartment. This has since happened again and I need another gasket. The driver side window stopped working, being a electrician I found to broken wires inside rubber boot on door hinge side. ABS light constantly comes on/off computer says ABS needs service ( sensor problem). Gas gauge is reading incorrectly, I have to use the range setting on the computer. Speedometer readings incorrect sits at 60mph when the car is off. I bought this vehicle brand new and have nothing but problems, most of any vehicle I've owned. Current mileage 63,000 miles.

- Granite City, IL, USA