2.1

2007 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 252016

Equinox

I have been having problems with the water pump

- Fredericksburg, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While operating the vehicle, the check engine and stabilitrak sensor indicators would randomly illuminate and the vehicle's speed suddenly decreased. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the cause of the failure was unable to be duplicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Sep 012014

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. After turning the vehicle off, the ignition key remained stuck in the ignition switch. In addition, the hazard lights failed to operate. The bulbs for the hazard lights were replaced, but the failure recurred one week later. While operating the vehicle, the engine overheated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Aug 022016

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While the vehicle was stationary, the stabilitrak, traction control, and engine warning indicators remained illuminated. The contact stated that the vehicle performed as if the emergency brake were engaged. The vehicle was diagnosed; however, the details were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 73,000.

- New Windsor, NY, USA

May 272016

Equinox

I got this car from frederi K auto center in March. Ever since then I had problems. I told them I let them. Knkw about them and they always said nothing was wrong with it. The one time they were supoose to fix something they had the car for two days and rhey put tape all over the hoses ro stop the leaks. They also failed the md inspection considering my wires are melted together and my ignition doesnt work right which wouldnt have pass. Then they repo it when I wqsnt late on my payemnt because I said I want it fixed sinxe it was sols that way or I will file a compalint. Everything qas illegal thatbthey did.

- Mt Airy, MD, USA

Jan 012016

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked and lost power. The stability control and the traction control warning indicators illuminated. The failure occurred while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing, but the failure could not be found. The vehicle was taken to a transmission specialist who stated that the failure was not due to the transmission. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Gouverneur, NY, USA

Nov 252015

Equinox

On November 17th the vehicle started to tell me that it was overheating and to turn A/C off. A/C was not even on because it was cold and the heat was blowing cold air. The vehicle then told me while I was trying to get to a safe location to pull over that the engine power was reduced and the vehicle stated to crawl along the road. When the vehicle was looked at where I pulled over there was minimal oil in the vehicle and it had blow coolant all over the driver side wheel well from what looked like the overflow tube. Oil was put in the vehicle so that I could drive it to a safe location. On November 18th I went to start the vehicle to go to work and without going any place but sitting in the driveway it started to tell me that the engine was overheating and to turn A/C off. The vehicle was towed. The dealership that I use worked on it and replaced the temp control and thermostat and did a complete oil change. In the few days after this work was done I could still hear the fan running while driving and once I parked it would run for a while. On November 25th I was driving and the vehicle stated to say engine overheating and to turn A/C off once again I had to travel a short distance to get a semi safe location to pull over since the engine power was reduced again and the vehicle crawled along. The heater was blowing cold air I could hear the fans running inside the vehicle as well. This was the second time I had to have the vehicle towed in a week. It is now November 30th and I still do not have my vehicle back because they are still "working" on it. I see a lot of 2006 Equinox's with the same issue not sure why this is not a recall because it is very inconvenient to not have a car and to miss work. I am sending pictures from the second time it was towed.

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Oct 152008

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the engine and traction control warning indicators were illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the exhaust system was causing the warning indicators to illuminate. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Aug 112015

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle misfired with a reduction of engine power. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the failure was contributed to the faulty spark plug wires. The failure caused the spark plugs to fracture. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 107,000.

- Union, KY, USA

Jul 272014

Equinox

I was driving home and engine overheated, almost didn't get off road. Took to a garage and $433. Later with tow bill, they replaced thermostat and flushed it. One week later did the same thing plus kept popping up oil change needed and had already did that few months before. Filled with gas and it popped up low fuel. Had it looked at again and they said head gasket, which quoted $2500. But several have told me they had worked on several with same problem, said Equinox are known for this! why is there not a recall on this problem? I am on ss and this is hard for me to handle money wise. I'm just upset that this is happening to several others and they just accepted it and didn't complain!!!!

- Ft. Wayne, IN, USA

Dec 022013

Equinox

There is a common problem wrong with the Chevy Equinox, I have a blown head gasket because of water in my dashboard. I was told to file a complaint, because so many individuals who by these particular vehicles all have the same problem especially if you purchased a Equinox between 2006 and 2009. This is a manufacturer defect and the vehicles should be recalled.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Jun 272013

Equinox 6-cyl

While driving on interstate 95 going 70 mph, the steering locked up and I lost power when all the dash lights started flashing. This was the day after I bought the car from auto showcase of belair md. The power steering going out happened atleast 7 times in the first two weeks alone. I requested for them to take the car back, they refused.. 4 weeks into owning this car the power steering issue was finally resolved.during that time period I found out that the car sold to me was stolen, the dealer did not tell me that and showed me paper work that was not a car fax report. Three months later in October of 2013 my car started over heating and cutting power off to the engine while driving the speed limit on 95. It happened 5 times. A mechanic looked it over and said the head gaskets were blown. After a month it was fixed. One month later in December, my car would shut off on me while driving. I am not joking when I say that happened over 100 times. I have over 20 videos of this happening up until just recently in February of 2015. So the issue now, other than my car just randomly shutting off while driving, is my head gaskets blew again. I have been looking on line and have found this to be a serious problem for thousands of other Chevy Equinox owners! why has this particular model not have recalled!? this model is dangerous to anyone that drives it or just happens to be on the road near them. When my car has shut off on me over 100 times ihave cut multiple drivers off every time trying to make it to the shoulder. This needs to be recalled! this vehicle model is far from safe and I do believe that you know this. You can look up any Chevy Equinox forum on the internet and find these incidents.

- Edgewood , MD, USA

Jul 012013

Equinox 6-cyl

Fan assembly stopped working, causing my engine to overheat, and now I have a blown head gasket...not a cheap repair. Appears there are a lot of owners of the same vehicle that seem to be having a head gasket issue around 80K.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

Apr 252013

Equinox 6-cyl

The car starts to jerk while driving almost causing me to have an accident. The transmission jerks and the tractions control makes the car become undrivable. The computer in the car is defected I purchased the car last year in 2013 and the car computer transmission is no good.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 032012

Equinox 6-cyl

Light came on in car stating: Engine hot/compressor off and temp gauge dropped to bottom. I took to dealership and was informed me that I had leaking head gaskets into coolant. Heads to machine shop to check and pressure test. $2262.

- Elverson, PA, USA

May 072014

Equinox 6-cyl

The engine light on and stabilitity trak needs service?

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jan 082012

Equinox 6-cyl

About a year and a half ago, my power steering went out on my Equinox. I haven't had any accident due to this but I find it weird that the recall of the GM automobiles have the same defects and problems as mines. Ive also had problems with my engine as well when the stibilitrac like came on. I took it to Chevy but the didn't have the part and they said the would order it. I never heard anything else from them. Please advise me on what to do because if its a defect. I need to go get it fix. Im still having the problem.

- Fultondale, AL, USA

Feb 082014

Equinox 6-cyl

Engine power reduced light came on while we were driving on the highway at 55 mph. My vehicle dropped in speed to 25 mph and would not pick up speed. My family and I almost were hit from behind by an 18 wheeler. I looked this up on the Chevy forum and found that there are many other Chevy owners with the same problem. Please look into to it and issue a recall before someone gets killed.

- Spring, TX, USA

Dec 022013

Equinox

I took my car into a power Chevrolet dealership back in September, they said there had been a recall for the coils/spark plugs. They fixed the issue, as my car had been stalling as I accelerated. Now, recently my electric stability traction light came on, along with my engine and "service brakes" light. I had my brakes done back in October at the same time as they replaced the coil. My car is starting to stall and do the same as it was back in October. I am not sure why Chevy is not recalling or sending out notices about these issues. It's hazardous. I contacted a lawyer.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Sep 272013

Equinox

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the traction warning indicator illuminated with a reduction in engine power. The vehicle was maneuvered to the side of the road where the engine was turned off. Upon restarting, the vehicle resumed normally. The failure recurred sporadically whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 82,000.

- Taylor, MI, USA