8.0

2007 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Feb 082014

Equinox

THE STABLITRACT LIGHT CAME ON AND THE CAR LOST POWER.

- , Misouri City, TX, USA

Apr 082010

Equinox LS

I bought my car in June of 2009. At the end of February 2010, my check engine light came on. Thinking that I needed an oil change (which was coming up anyway), I took it to the garage to have that done. The light was gone for 2 weeks after that. Then it reappeared again. 2 days later, the reduced engine power flashed on my dash while driving my children to daycare. I couldn't go above 20 mph. I decided I would take it to the shop after work. While on my way out to lunch from work, I was approaching a railroad track when the barriers starting coming down. Next thing I know, my dash flashes "starter disabled. Service traction control". My car is still moving towards the tracks and my brakes wouldn't budge. When I finally got it to stop, the train had started to pass. It was a nightmare! I cried in my car in the middle of the road, and tried to restart the car. It took 5 minutes before it finally did. We went to get it fixed. It was fine for up to 6 weeks....

Until....

That's right, it happened again, only this time, it took only a matter of 2 days from the check engine light to the disabling the engine while driving. Today was the final straw. On my way to work, and on my way home. When I called the garage to see if they could see me, (as they were the ones that fixed it the first time) I was informed that I would have to see them on Monday and leave the car at the shop for a minimum of one day. So now, I have to rent a car to get around, PAY them again to run a diagnostic, and then PAY them AGAIN to fix a problem that was supposed to be fixed less than 2 months ago.

- , Great Lakes, IL, USA