1.9

2007 Chevrolet Equinox miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Sep 072016

Equinox

Ignition key will not turn in ignition causing vehicle to not start. Vehicle stationary. This has happened several times since we purchased, but is happening more frequently. Steering wheel needs to be turned sharply several times and gear shift must be jiggled with and it will usually start at that time. Very scary!!

- Batavia, OH, USA

May 272016

Equinox

I got this car from frederi K auto center in March. Ever since then I had problems. I told them I let them. Knkw about them and they always said nothing was wrong with it. The one time they were supoose to fix something they had the car for two days and rhey put tape all over the hoses ro stop the leaks. They also failed the md inspection considering my wires are melted together and my ignition doesnt work right which wouldnt have pass. Then they repo it when I wqsnt late on my payemnt because I said I want it fixed sinxe it was sols that way or I will file a compalint. Everything qas illegal thatbthey did.

- Mt Airy, MD, USA

Feb 072014

Equinox

Vehicle purchased 2014 with 113,000 miles. Since, key is difficult to remove from ignition (doesn't recognize the vehicle is in park). RPM gage rarely works when in motion. Passenger air bag turns off and on when a person sits in it of any weight/age.

- Prosser, WA, USA

Mar 182016

Equinox

The ignition switch/lock cylinder is sticking and won't turn sometimes, causing the car to not start.

- Denton, TX, USA

Mar 072016

Equinox

While driving either on city or freeway the car started shaking, jerking, and vibrating really badly when applied pressure to the accelerator pedal, the vehicle would not gain speed, instead it would slow down and it felt like gas was not going trough. The check engine light came on. Sometimes the key will not come out of the ignition and I have to turn the car back on then turn the wheel, but sometimes it takes more than this to get the key out from the ignition switch. I had vehicle towed to a Chevrolet dealership and they could not find anything wrong or could duplicate problem. When I picked up the car I had drive it 15 miles and the car started doing the same thing.

- Elkview, WV, USA

Feb 292016

Equinox

In the month of February 2016 vehicle started to tell me that it was overheating. The heat was blowing cold air. Without going any place but sitting in the driveway it started to tell me that the engine was overheating and to turn A/C off. I could still hear the fan running while driving and once I parked it would run for a while. Why is this not a recall with all the complaints that I see on this subject any help would be nice

- Cazenovia, NY, USA

Nov 252015

Equinox

On November 17th the vehicle started to tell me that it was overheating and to turn A/C off. A/C was not even on because it was cold and the heat was blowing cold air. The vehicle then told me while I was trying to get to a safe location to pull over that the engine power was reduced and the vehicle stated to crawl along the road. When the vehicle was looked at where I pulled over there was minimal oil in the vehicle and it had blow coolant all over the driver side wheel well from what looked like the overflow tube. Oil was put in the vehicle so that I could drive it to a safe location. On November 18th I went to start the vehicle to go to work and without going any place but sitting in the driveway it started to tell me that the engine was overheating and to turn A/C off. The vehicle was towed. The dealership that I use worked on it and replaced the temp control and thermostat and did a complete oil change. In the few days after this work was done I could still hear the fan running while driving and once I parked it would run for a while. On November 25th I was driving and the vehicle stated to say engine overheating and to turn A/C off once again I had to travel a short distance to get a semi safe location to pull over since the engine power was reduced again and the vehicle crawled along. The heater was blowing cold air I could hear the fans running inside the vehicle as well. This was the second time I had to have the vehicle towed in a week. It is now November 30th and I still do not have my vehicle back because they are still "working" on it. I see a lot of 2006 Equinox's with the same issue not sure why this is not a recall because it is very inconvenient to not have a car and to miss work. I am sending pictures from the second time it was towed.

- Chalfont, PA, USA

Oct 012015

Equinox

Within the last month my car has started emitting a very strong gas odor and has been having starting trouble every time I try and start the car. In the past I have had it hesitate to start, but that occurred less frequently and never noticed the smell. Ever since I noticed the odor, again about a month ago, it is happening every time I try and start the car. The engine turns...but it takes a minute before it catches and starts. Sometimes it will not catch and start and I have to turn the key a 2nd time for it to actually start.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 022015

Equinox

My son was driving his 2007 Chevy Equinox around 50 mph and noticed a smell coming from the brakes. He got home and told me they were dragging. I checked them after they cooled down. My initial thought was worn pads. I pulled the wheels and calipers and pads were good. However I could not compress the dual pistons back into the housing on either side until I loosened the bleeder screw. Being careful to not get air in the system, I was able to get the pistons back into the housing to make sure they were not stuck. I reassembled the brake system and tires. I tried to put the brakes to force the front pistons back out, but I had no pressure. I started the vehicle to see if the brakes were working, no they aren't. now I have no breakes, front or rear! fluid will not flow back to master cylinder nor will fluid flow to calipers. My question is, master cylinder or ABS module.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jul 032015

Equinox

After lifting the lift gate it fell and hit me on top of my head and knocked me to the ground, the lift gate no longer pulls up easily.

- Hartland, WI, USA

May 062015

Equinox

I havent had this car 6 months when the stabitack is messsing up not on just mine I've talked to many who own theses cars some are 08 and 09 and 07 thats a bit much why is there such a problem, many cant complain they dont know where to go for help. I stumbbled across this site....this is a big deal I'm putting this site on facebook so people can complain. GM needs to do somthing this is expenisive for folks to repair when there on a fixed income.ive aways drove a Ford. This is making me reconsider my decision.. and I cant keep a starter on this car ive had 3 put on in the last 2 weeks... whats the deal" this car and others are a areal pain I can provide you with many on a list that has this car and the problems and what drop down box?"

- Wynnewood, OK, USA

Apr 142015

Equinox 6-cyl

Everything single time that stupid light comes on and says stabilizertrac, my car slows way down then comes to a dead stop.you cannot control the car, you cannot give it gas, you cannot put on the brakes, you cannot steer it. You cannot do anything to it. It stops on its own, ive been in the middle of the intersection, I could have been killed, if a semi or a dump truck were coming. That's pretty scary. I want to know how to fix this" what needs to be done? ive asked some mechanics and they had no clue what I was talking about. I need some help on this? anybody" I'm very frustrated, I bought that dumb car in October of 2014, on December 12,2014 it broke down, I just got my car back on April 9, 2015, yes you read that right. This idiot had my car all these months, he never returned any phone calls nor was he ever at the garage, then I finally got it out of there to ano5her place, N they had it a couple of weeks, I get I5 back and I drove it for four days and it breaks down again.

- Erie, PA, USA

Apr 132014

Equinox

Several times, I was not able to remove the keys from ignition switch, ,the vehicle could not be shut all the way off.

- Daleville, AL, USA