2007 Chevrolet Equinox seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Equinox:

2007 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Sep 282016

The passenger seat air bag sensor failed and to repair the problem the entire seat cushion and electronic module has to be replaced. This is an over $800 repair and my daughter cant afford to have it fixed. According to the dealer tech this is a common problem on several thousand Equinox, torrent and Saturn ion vehicles. Imho this is a safety defect and should be repaired at no charge.

- Tavares, FL, USA

Aug 022016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air bag sensor failed to operate. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Tomah, WI, USA

Dec 182008

Passenger side air bag worked intermittently while passenger was seated in seat. Sometimes on when no one seated and off when someone seated. Now check/service airbags lights are on and passenger side airbag stays off when someone seated. I am not sure if any of the airbags at this point will work because all airbag lights are on.

- Easley, SC, USA

Aug 082016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator randomly illuminated. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 07V520000 (air bags) and 07V344000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 151,000.

- Leesburg, FL, USA

Aug 192016

When I have a passenger in the seat the airbag never comes on and the airbag light stays on and tells me it needs service. Also all my gauges are all out of wack not sure if it is a recall or not once I hit 100,000 miles all these things came about. Also there was a recall on the fuel system and at the time I did not have a problem as of yet, on 9/29/15 I then smelled the gas and called mk smith Chevrolet to see if there were any recalls on this and they told me no, so I did take it somewhere else to be fixed due to it being cheaper for me and got it fixed and paid $633.60. I have document for that. Now my key in the ignition does not come out and I hear a clicking noise by the ignition I'm not sure if that as well is a recall on the Equinox 2007. Please let me know if any of these problems are recalls on my vehicle. I just have read all these other complaints on the same issues on the Equinox 2007.

- Chino, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Anytime a passenger is in the front passenger seat the airbag does not turn on. The airbag off light remains illuminated.

- Great Lakes, IL, USA

Feb 072014

Vehicle purchased 2014 with 113,000 miles. Since, key is difficult to remove from ignition (doesn't recognize the vehicle is in park). RPM gage rarely works when in motion. Passenger air bag turns off and on when a person sits in it of any weight/age.

- Prosser, WA, USA

Nov 292014

Airbag light, TPMS, stability light, headlight and taillights go out alot. Called Chevy place aout recalls and was told mine is not recalled but problems with my car are same as recall. They fixed gas line recall, took it to where I bought it 2 or 3 times but never got fixed. My speedometer also been out since getting car brake lights always coming on as well, other problems as well. Doesnt seem Chevy makes a good vehicle.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Feb 052016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While the vehicle was parked, the passenger side air bag light failed to illuminate. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the passenger seat electronic control unit failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V344000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made of the failure. The failure mileage was 94,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 172015

Airbag indicator light has come on and will not turn off. Car has been checked & unable to find problem. Not sure airbags will work if in accident

- Denton, TX, USA

Mar 012016

A few months ago, I took my car into the dealer to diagnose a check airbag light. $122 later, my vehicle was found to have a "faulty passenger presence module." I was quoted over $1000 in repairs and given no other options. I declined the repairs in lieu of confirming with an independent mechanic as I have had issues with that service department before regarding a faulty fuel system (which was recalled and I was not informed). My independent mechanic confirmed the passenger sensing unit was not working properly and after further investigation, I found that this part (much like the debacle with my fuel pump) was also a recalled. I am referring to NHTSA campaign#07V344000. My VIN# is included within the designated VIN breaking points; however, it does not qualify individually. I find this infuriating. If the part is known to be faulty, and it's the same part placed into Pontiac/Chevy vehicles then why are only some of these faulty parts included in the recall"??" this was the same situation with my faulty fuel pump, in which I paid cash for the part and repairs and then 6 months later received a letter from GM stating my VIN# was now included. I phoned the dealer and GM directly and they offered me no options other than pay $611 for the part and estimated another $500 in labor. I have found on numerous GM forums that this issue with the ppm is very common with 2007-2009 Pontiac and Chevy vehicles with those owners getting the same excuse from GM and no recall coverage. I am hoping that in the future someone from the NHTSA will look into this campaign and expand the vehicles involved as it seems to be a dealer/part issue and affects the overall safety of the vehicle.

- Makawao, HI, USA

Feb 232016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air bag pressure sensor gauge warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 07V520000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 146,792.

- Ball, LA, USA

Feb 222016

Warning notice to service airbag is on and will not go off. The airbag light is illuminated for the passenger and driver. I have taken my car in to have this issued checked; however, the technicians stated there was no issues and could not find a problem to fix. I am very concerned that air bags will malfunction while transporting myself and/or family as this is a ongoing issue 2007 Equinox. GM is aware of this issue and refuses to recall.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Feb 102016

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the air bag light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 95,978.

- Coplay, PA, USA

Oct 272015

Over the past few days, my stabilitrak light has come on and off while driving or just sitting in the car. Pulling into my driveway today I noticed that the light came back on for the stabilitrak. I proceeded to drive and then suddenly it became increasing hard to maneuver my steering wheel almost to the point where it felt as if it had locked up on me. I was able to drive the car back home but as I was driving I notice my air bag light came on and will not go off at all. After making it back to into my driveway I cut off the ignition waited a few minutes and turned the car back on to see if this would help either of the problems but to no avail. I have now taken the car to my local Chevrolet dealer and they have informed me that they have sen this issue with a number of Equinox and it is indeed an issue my stabilitrak.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jun 012014

• 1,100,000 miles
Air bag light stays

- Montrose, WV, USA

Aug 192014

During a long trip, the passenger airbag sensor light changed from "on" to "off" intermittently even though there was a passenger present all of time. When the sensor light turned to "off", the instrument panel "service airbag" light also came on each time. This happened about 8 times during the trip. It has happened several times since then as well.

- Damascus, MD, USA

Aug 252015

Air bags sometimes does not register when individuals sitting in passenger or drivers seat. Air bag service light goes on and off randomly as well.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jul 122014

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the instrument panel stated that the passenger air bag was off and needed to be serviced. The contact stated that the warning indicator continuously illuminated. The dealer stated that the air bag module needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000.

- Fallston, MD, USA

Aug 122015

Warning light to service air bag has come on and never turns off. I have taken car in to have this checked and technicians cannot find the problem or fix it. Not sure if air bags will function on impact.

- Denton, TX, USA