2008 Chevrolet Equinox brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox:

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 102016

Equinox

My 74 year old brother bought his 2008 Equinox new it has less than 120,000 miles on it and it is the biggest heap of crap Chevrolet invented!!!! 5. power steering went out costing $2500 to fix Jan 2015 6. transmission starts jerking when hitting 45 mph dealership informed us of the transmission when we took in for a recall on a defective gas modual that they never replaced saying the part was ok. They drove it and said that its the transmission and asked $500 to run a diagnostic. Started Feb 2016 7. the stable link light periodically comes on saying to service the stable trac then goes off started March of 2016 8. the top of the brake light on the back hatch is gone where it fell off at some point has many other things wrong. Turn signal gears to turn off signals for right and left signal do not work. The washer fluid motor does not work. Drivers door power window motor broke from window.drivers door has to be manually locked and unlocked. This vehicle is a clean and in excellent shape it was bought new and is owned by an elderly man. It has not been abused has less that 120,000 miles on

- Pleasant Plain, OH, USA

Dec 152015

Equinox

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving 55 mph, the stability and traction lights illuminated without warning. In addition, the power steering malfunctioned. The vehicle was taken to be repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 133,000. TL-the contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the stability traction light illuminated without warning. In addition, the power steering malfunctioned as well. The vehicle was taken to be repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 133,000. Updated 08/30/16

- Selkirk, NY, USA

Mar 012016

Equinox

The speedometer to my vehicle is not working. Regardless if the car is on or off, the needle is always stuck on 120 mph. I have also started to have a problem with the back doors in which the locks are not working with the remote. If I try to unlock, the back doors remain locked. When I do use the remote to lock the vehicle, the back doors will unlock. I have also had problems with the headlights. The seals must not be that great because there is a lot of moisture in them to where now I will have to replace them. My back lights constantly go out as well and at least once a year, I have to replace the bulbs.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Apr 112016

Equinox

The stabillitrak light and warning system suddenly came on my car as I was driving down the interstate. I lost power steering immediately. The Equinox has 67, 363 miles on it. I had the entire car serviced and the systems put on a monitor in December with no problems appearing. Luckily, I slowed down and took it to a local mechanic that told me the problem.

- Kingsport, TN, USA

Jun 012010

Bad wiring harness.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Apr 012016

Equinox

Passenger air bag constantly coming on saying it is not working. All others recalled by 2008. Now service traction control and service stabilitrak sensor on. I've read about both of these issues online here so why no recalls when it's something that's reacurring for others.

- Kettering, OH, USA

Jan 012009

Equinox

Traction control light is on, always. Air bag is off always. This car is one piece of trash.

- Belmont, MI, USA

Apr 022015

Equinox

Airbag lights coming on and off passenger air bag works sometimes on and off electrical with the lights brake light comes on and off been having problems with the air bags a lot and the electrical system.

- Leesville, LA, USA

Jun 042015

Equinox

Light comes on and stays

- Bunch, OK, USA

Aug 072015

Equinox

Passenger air bag does not work when someone is in front passenger seat. Drivers window & lock stopped working(has been repaired). Service traction control & service stabilitrak lights are on. Egr valve code, torque converter code, evap system code, and ABS code. There is also a squeeking noise from the front driver side wheel. I take very good care of my car & has less than 77K miles. Also like others have complained I too get hurt on the back of my leg when getting out of the passenger seat.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jul 192015

Equinox

I drove my car to the store went in for about an hour. When I came back out my car wouldn't start. I thought my car battery had went dead so I got a jump but then I noticed my stability track light was on and that my power steering had went out. As soon as I made it home turned the car off and tried to restart it, it went dead again. As I look up to see what could be wrong with my vehicle I've noticed that this is a common malfunction that seems to be happening a lot. I know cars can go out but this also happen a lot where a consumer spends there hard earned money only to be duked in the end. I've only had my car for four months and although it's used I felt that I should have been notified of this and it should have been my decision on whether or not I want to purchase the vehicle. Even though I was lucky and didn't crash. I hope that this does become a recall as it is way to dangerous.

- El Mirage, AZ, USA

Jan 272012

Equinox

Where do I begin"!?!!?! after multiple failed attempts of the dealer trying to fix the tire pressure monitor system/stabilitrack lights are still on and still ding! tires are double checked regularly. Passenger air bag only comes on when it wants to, weather the person weighs 70lbs or 250lbs. The key sometimes gets stuck in the ignition won't turn or come out, I usually give up fighting it and forget about it for awhile then it magically works. None of the doors will lock or unlock with the fob or electric button inside, key fob only sets the alarm on/off, so I have to manually lock and unlock all the doors. Which is a a pain with three kids, not only that but makes me feel very unsafe traveling with the kids in the car. I am a single mom and bought this car believing it would be safe and reliable. I'm about ready to push it off a cliff. How many more complaints will you ignore, causing a fatal accident, before something is done about this?!"! I will not be investing in another GM vehicle that's for sure! should of stuck with foreign!

- Marysville, KS, USA

Nov 112013

Equinox

Over a year and a half ago I had the engine light come on in my 2008 Equinox. Took it into the Chevy dealer and the diagnostic tool said timing chain/engine position. Here I am today, did not do the $1,600 recommended repair and the car is still driving fine and no issues. The engine light has been reset multiple times only to keep coming back. I also have both headlights filled with moisture and it affects the brightness of the lights at night. Finally, I have had multiple times when the stabilitrac light comes on and then by day end it will be off.

- Howell, MI, USA

Nov 132013

Equinox 6-cyl

I own a 2008 Chevy Equinox. I am having the same complaints. My service air bag come on and off intermittently. When its warm outside the passenger air bag seems to work fine. The passenger side door lock works intermittently as well. The funny thing is the door lock seems to work better in the winter months. Also, I have experienced my service stabilitrak and traction control light come on intermittently as well. It doesn't seem to affect the vehicle when I am driving. It will stay on for a couple of days then one day it will be gone. It will stay off from a few weeks to a few months. Then it will start the process all over again. I am very disappointed with Chevy. I purchased it because Chevy is supposed to be reliable regardless of the miles and now I am afraid to put my children in it and drive it out of town. All this started happening around the 100,00 mile mark I am now at 110,000.

- Monte Vista, CO, USA

Jan 202015

Equinox

Stabilitrak light and warning sound has come on a few times for no rhyme or reason. Some times will shake vehicle as it goes down the road afterwards. Also, when plugged in auxiliary cord for ipod, sparks flew out from radio control station and car died as I was driving down the road. Managed to pull off road and sat for ten minutes. Restarted car and drove to safe location and had some one pick me up. Next day, went to pick up car and no issues. Car is becoming unreliable with not only these issues but previous complaints I have filed with you. Shouldn't be having these type issues, especially safety ones, this soon. Car only has a little over 120000 miles.

- Mount Sterling, KY, USA

Jun 202013

Equinox 6-cyl

Air bag on passenger seat would work and not work and has now completely stopped working. Door locks on front will not lock electronically. Have to manually lock the front doors at all times. Stabilizer track stays off. Use to come and no and now will not come back on.

- Chadbourn, NC, USA

Aug 092014

Equinox 6-cyl

Since mid-Aug, my Equinox has been randomly/intermittently losing engine power (as well as steering/braking) for short periods of time. Thankfully, while this is happening more frequently, (now at least weekly) it has not happened in traffic. When checking service codes, the indicated problem systems are "secondary ignition circuit" and "stabilitrak." I do not feel the car is safely drivable, but my local Chevrolet dealer cannot offer me even a diagnostic appointment earlier than Dec 1.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Sep 092014

Equinox

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 20 mph, the stabilitrack warning indicator illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Cleveland Heights , OH, USA

Sep 072014

Equinox

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 15 mph, the steering wheel seized as the electronic stability control warning light illuminated. As a result, the vehicle crashed into a mailbox. A police report was filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Nicholasville, KY, USA

Aug 262014

Equinox 6-cyl

1.)this morning, I started my car, it stalled out, like it did not want to start. I swept that under the rug. After work, I started my car and it stalled again while trying to start. As a matter of fact it was as if someone had gotten under the hood and disconnected/reconnected my battery. I had to reset my clock and radio stations.2.)also, while I am complaining, I have had to change my brake lights at least 4 times within the last year. I called the dealership and they just said "you do know you have to change the bulbs every once in a while"---yes! but not several times in one year. 3.)there is also moisture in the headlights--even after the dealership "fixing it". 4.) my key fob does not lock the passenger side door. (sometimes they lock, sometimes they don't. I have read some of the same complaints, but yet there are no recalls. Are you kidding me?

- Indianapolis, IN, USA