2008 Chevrolet Equinox fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox:

2008 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Nov 252013

Equinox 6-cyl

My 2008 Chevy Equinox has a heavy gas smell, that when parked in the garage, leaves a heavy odor of gas throughout my home... I have seen the 12190 GM recall for this issue, but it is a 2008 not 2007 as listed in the recall, yet it is a Nevada vehicle and this state is on the recall list. It seems to be exhibiting the same exact issue..I am worried about the safety of not only myself, but my daughter and others riding in it..please help.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 052013

Equinox 6-cyl

The fuel rail developed a pinpoint leak resulting in gas being sprayed out of the system and into the engine compartment. Leak was only detected because it was subsequently pulled into the passenger cabin causing nausea and headaches in my toddlers. Hole is not visible to the naked eye, and is small enough that the system only leaks when pressurized.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 092013

Equinox 6-cyl

I began to smell a strong gas odor. Then the Equinox started to give me trouble when I started it up. It would just keep turning over but never start right away. People would leave notes on my car the gas smell got so strong. Gas mileage went down dramatically. I took the truck to my mechanic and it was a faulty fuel module that was leaking. This should be a recalled part my truck is new never been wrecked or worked on that the fuel module should be leaking.

- Pearland, TX, USA