2010 Chevrolet Equinox lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox:

2010 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Apr 012013

Equinox 4-cyl

I purchased a 2010 Chevy Equinox on 4/1/2013. I have since had a few issues with the vehicle. I had the timing belt replaced due to knocking in the engine. I thank the good lord that it was under a recall. I have also been experiencing oil loss. I have my oil changed on a regular basis and it has been using oil between those changes. The last time I had it changed, I was told that there was no oil on the dip stick when they checked it prior to doing the change. I have also gone without a defroster as well. Haven't thought much about it since I haven't needed it yet but now the weather is changing and I know I am going to need it real soon. But guess what. Even though there is a recall on that, mine doesn't fall under that recall. I F there are so many people having the same issue, you would think it would be covered no matter. It isn't my fault that it is not working properly. So, right before christmas I am going to have to shell out over $400 to get this fixed so that I will be able to see out of my front windshield. I guess it is my fault that I have waited till now to worry with it. I am also having issues with my dash lights going in and out and my air bag light stays on. There should not be that many issues with one vehicle.

- Porum, OK, USA

Sep 292013

I put key into ignition and turned toward the start position and key went about halfway and stopped and all lights and dashboard went black, all electrical power went off. The car would not give me the key back. It was stuck in the ignition for about 1 1/2 hours until ers arrived. I tried pressing the brake and turning the steering wheel but it would still not give me the key. Meanwhile, the dash board starting flashing on and off and I heard a constant clicking noise. I called emergency roadside assistance and they came and gave me a boost and car started right up with no problems. My battery and alternator are completely fine.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Apr 062010

Equinox 6-cyl

Purchase vehicle in August 2009. Instrument panel faulty within months of purchase. Windshield defroster/defogger & lights on dash go out intermittently. Received a recall notice concerning this issue in April 2010. Problem is still occurring. Have been back to dealership at least a dozen times. Have been in contact with General Motors in detroit. Dealership nor General Motors are returning our calls or fixing the problem. Only 17546 miles are on this vehicle. Lights and defroster go out intermittently while driving causing us to be very insecure to take it anywhere for fear it will happen while we are out.

- Wallkill, NY, USA