2.1

2011 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Dec 242016

Equinox

Driving while it was raining windshield wipers were going all of a sudden they went way past where they normally stop and couldnt see the road tried turning them off and on nothing happened had to hang my head out the window to find a place to pull over to safety because it was at night time and couldnt see if anything was coming or if I was going to run off in a ditch and had my little girl in the back seat to make matters worse but once I got out looked at them was able to move them by hand back into position but still wouldnt work you could hear the motor moving inside but wipers wouldnt at all im thank ful when this happened I wasnt on the interstate and was only going like 40 mph with it raining but wipes never gave a sign previously anything was wrong they have always worked fine there was no reason for this vehicle to do this im a Chevy person and have stood my it but this is very dangerous especially with it pouring down rain

- New Johnsonville, TN, USA

Sep 012016

Equinox

I was driving to work and the front windshield wipers shut off while they were on. I had to slow down because of this because it was raining when it happened.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Jul 182016

Equinox

While driving 50+ mph on a busy local highway, the wiper transmission stopped working and the wiper blades stopped in an upward position completely blocking visibility! this was confirmed by a mechanic and this part will need to be replaced.

- Chavies, KY, USA

Mar 012016

Equinox

Wiper transmission failure - I was driving home on the expressway during heavy snow and the wipers stopped working. Wipers stopped in the upward position blocking my view along with the snow. Was difficult to see my way to a safe place to stop. I took the car in to have the wipers checked today and was advised the wiper transmission failed.

- Dryden, MI, USA

Feb 162016

Equinox

Driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike 6:45am to work. 2-16-16 heavy rain 50 mi per hour in the passing lane the windshield wipers broke. Flopped over I could not see a thing in front of me I put the window down and grabbed the wiper tip manually worked it put on my flashers had to pull get over on the passenger lane then onto a pull over mile marker 307. I could not believe I was not involved in an accident. Had the wipers went in the other direction I would not be writing you at this time. This was so dangerous and needs to be addressed as there are many models that will start seeing this happen if it is a usage defect? it is at our Chevy dealers service at this moment being repaired I am not sure yet what broke to cause this.

- Morgantown, PA, USA

Dec 292015

Equinox 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving approximately 65 mph with the windshield wipers engaged at the highest level, the windshield wipers failed. The contact was unable to see in front of her and had to roll the driver side window down to see the road. The contact exited the highway and drove the vehicle to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ball popped out of socket on the windshield mechanism. The mechanic popped the ball back into the socket. The windshield wipers worked as designed; however, the contact did not use the wipers at the highest level. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 76,000....updated 02/19/16 updated 03/03/16.

- Whiting, NJ, USA

Nov 182015

Equinox

Front window defroster does not defrost or defog front windshield.windshield fogs if there is any moisture

- Alexander, AR, USA

Dec 152015

Equinox

After only 5 years of use, I believe that the blender door has stuck in the closed position and the front and driver-passenger side windows have fogged up to the point that driver cannot continue driving. This is a very serious situation that needs to be addressed as soon as possible to prevent a serious accident. Vehicle was moving while on a city street.

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

Jun 192015

Equinox

3 weeks after purchasing this vehicle from a used car lot, the wipers stopped operating while in use. The motor was working properly, however my mechanic found that the wiper transmission had failed. He stated that in his opinion, this is a common issue due to the fact that the local Chevrolet dealership had several of this part in stock. This repair was not covered under the 90-day warranty provided by the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. I believe I should be reimbursed by the manufacturer for this repair, which totaled $367.35 (receipt available upon request) and an investigation should be conducted on these wiper transmissions as this is a serious safety hazard. In researching this issue online, I have found that others have complained of the same issue on the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Dec 152014

Equinox 4WD 6-cyl

Heater was not changing modes, there was no actuator movement, therefore no defroster during winter. This left me with poor visibility.

- East Hampton, CT, USA

Apr 202015

Equinox

I was driving home from work in a very bad rain storm on route 9 in newington ct going southbound (please check the weather for that day around 5:10pm). This is a highway where cars were traveling probably between 50 ? 60 miles per hour during rush hour traffic, when the windshield wipers just stopped working. I was driving blind down a major highway in poor weather conditions. I was lucky enough to barely find the breakdown lane while falling off the road periodically as I could not see where the roadside was. I slowly worked my way on to the exit 29 ramp so I could sit until help arrived. The dealer replaced the motor. Over the course of four months, the heating mechanism that controlled the direction of the heater, and throttle body were replaced. The first incident with the heating was discovered during a cold winter morning as the consumer was driving and the defroster was not providing any heat to clear the window. The second incident occurred while driving to work as well.

- East Hampton, CT, USA

Oct 012014

Equinox 4-cyl

While driving on interstate, windshield started to fog switched heat control to defog windshield and it did not switch, as visibility was reduced I was nearly involved in an accident.the defrost system still does not work. There was a recall for this same problem on 2010 models. Contacted dealer and estimate was at least $400 to replace a $21 part vehicle warranty is expired. This is another GM safety issue and there should be a recall.

- Clearfield, PA, USA