- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 30: GM Recalls 662,000 Vehicles Due to Broken Axles and Fire Risks
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 28: GM Issues Chevy Cruze Stop Sale
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2011 Chevrolet Equinox
Worst 2011 Equinox engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clattering noise when starting car13
- reported MPG inaccurate4
- engine ticking with excessive oil consumption3
- shuts off while driving3
- excessive oil consumption2
- accelerates slowly1
- stalls upon being put into gear1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling21
- NHTSA: Engine19
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Equinox Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Equinox compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Equinox overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Equinox.