2011 Chevrolet Equinox wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox:

2011 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Aug 212016

Was alerted to the condition of my tires while on an eight hour trip from home. Dry rot on tires with less than 40,000 miles. Tires rotated regularly. Mechanic said I was in dire danger. Had to install 4 new tires, an expense not expected on Michelin tires, of which was a selling point on my car. He said they won't even carry them because of the dry rot problems they've been seeing. My husband looked on youtube when I called to get his take. Said there was a stream of stories and videos from folks just like me. The lord was with me that day for sure.

- Loudonville, OH, USA

Jul 152015

Tire warning light first came on 7/15/15 as low pressure in passenger side rear tire. Pumped tire to specified tire pressure, but tire light illuminated again a few days later. Again, pumped tire to specified tire pressure. Light continued to illuminate, therefore, took to local Chevrolet dealer for inspection. Dealer informed us of tire tread separation and recommended immediate tire replacement because of safety hazard. Subsequently had all four tires replaced on 8/13/15, mileage on vehicle 50,990. Tire: Michelin latitude tour P235/55R18 (dot M33J007X); three tires 4110; one tire 1811.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Sep 132013

Equinox 4-cyl

So my traction control an ABS light goes off an I take it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, and it appears my left wheel sensor is faulty and can cause lock up in breaks and decreased power. Turns out to be a common problem on all Chevy Equinox models.there have been various complaints and nothing is being done about it as I see this as a major accident waiting to happen, please take this into consideration.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Sep 202011

When trying to merge into traffic at a low speed I had to stop due to the car in front of me stopping. When I applied the brakes, the brakes started pulsing and I had no stopping abilities until I hit the car infront of me. Again the same situation occurred, I was merging into traffic at a low speed when the car infront of me slams their brakes and I follow my applying my brakes. Again the brakes pulsed and the car did not stop. The second time I had more than two car spaces between myself and the other car when the brakes were applied. The road conditions for both incidents were clear and no visible liquid on the road. Each time the brakes were applied when the vehicle was shifting through the gears.

- Florissant, MO, USA