2013 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 212016

I went out to start my car Monday morning March 21,2016. I turned on the wipers to because my windows was I waited for the windows to clear..I noticed that my wipers would not come on. I tryed all setting from low-high and even mist setting. They still would not work. I got out of my car and heard a whining noise like the motor was running in wiper blade.I then tried the wipers again and they wouldn't move...I got a estimate from the dealership where I got my car from...they told me it would cost $202 to fix.. they told me it was the wiper transmission linkage that needs to be replaced.this wiper issue definitely needs to be a a safety hazard...I'm glad I was at home and my car was sitting still and it wasn't raining..but if it had been raining that would have a been a major safety hazard..a recall definitely needs to be called immediately..

- Centreville, MD, USA

Jan 312016

Center consol (defogger, blower, radio, A/C and accompanying lighting) went out while driving on street. No blown fuses.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jan 112016

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that the vehicle's wiper transmission failed. The contact took the vehicle to dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiper transmission needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Jan 082016

While driving in the rain on us highway route 11 last evening, Jan. 8, 2016, the front wipers on my Equinox suddenly stopped working. The motor sounds to be functioning but the wipers will not move. This was a very dangerous situation being it was raining and dark.

- Fincastle, VA, USA

Oct 272015

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox. While driving 30 mph on a rainy day, the windshield wipers failed. The contact was able to pull the vehicle over and waited until it stopped raining to continue driving. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the wiper linkage bushing assortment needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Red House, WV, USA

Jul 092015

Driving in left lane on I75 at 70 mph in moderate traffic. Started to rain and within seconds turned to a downpour. I switched my wipers from regular to high speed, they made 2 or 3 strokes and then quit. I couldn't see a thing. Most scared I've ever been in a vehicle. Luckily, no one in front of me braked suddenly, so I flipped on my flashers and gradually slowed and edged across the right lane onto the shoulder. Turns out the wiper transmission has several plastic ball/socket pieces, and one failed, separating the motor from the linkage. This could have caused a terrible multicar wreck. I work in the automotive industry, and am an ase master tech. I know a little about cars. In a safety-critical system like wipers, why, other than a small cost, why couldn't the linkage be designed not to separate when the ball/socket fails? a secondary connection or improved design that would allow the wipers to operate, even poorly, until a vehicle can get off the road. I could have been injured (along with others) by the failure of a small piece of plastic that is never inspected when an auto is serviced.

- Fishers, IN, USA

May 182015

It was raining at about 3:00 pm and the wipers were working and all of a sudden they stopped and I can't see and almost run into the other cars because the wipers stopped working and I couldn't see anything. I am scared to drive this vehicle now and my daughter is afraid of it because it was pouring down rain.

- Oxford, GA, USA

Apr 222013

The car does not have a back up camera to make up for the bad blind spots on the vehicle. The double vision mirrors on side mirrors do not help when backing up. Even if you look all the way out the rear window, your vision is blocked by the rear window wiper. I have had near accidents several times. I complained to the sales person and dealership I bought it from with no help. They said that Chevy does not install cameras to vehicles after it is leased so I would have to do it at my own expense. When I initially complained, the sales person said I had to get used to driving it. After a year, I still had the same problem. I complained to Chevrolet usa and they said it was a problem with the design and not a part so they could not do anything. I did explain that the when I back up, I do so blindly because I can't see. They said there was nothing they could do. Unfortunately, I have 18 months left on my lease. Fortunately, I will eventually get out of the lease. I do not recommend this car unless it has a back up camera already installed.

- Angier, NC, USA

Mar 272014

Equinox 4-cyl

This is an old Chevrolet Equinox recall that is from the 2010 model and is happening to my 2013 as well. The radio controls and A/C-defrost control's are not working at all. "failing to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 103, "windshield defrosting and defogging systems and with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 101, controls and displays" Chevrolet is telling me they will not fix it because there is no recall. Extremely disappointed in Chevrolet. Reference to:

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Feb 012013

When the radio is on, even at medium volume, the rearview mirror shakes and images in the rearview become very blurred.

- Durham, NC, USA

May 232013

Equinox 4-cyl

The extreme slope of the windshield and extensive dashboard surface top, combined with my sloped driveway produces a severe glare that reduces visibility to the point where I am forced to inch into my garage. The grey dashboard becomes the dominate visible element, reflected onto the windshield in a manner similar to a heads up display. Daylight is the most critical timeframe. Adding a black carpet dashboard cover reduced but did not eliminate the problem. I would expect taller drivers would have an even greater problem. Driving in normal lighting conditions does not appear to be an issue, however the transition into a low level lighted area is a real safety concern. The vehicle has automatic headlights, turning them on or off did not help.

- Tampa, FL, USA