2013 Chevrolet Equinox body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Jul 172016

Equinox

Fire started while car was sitting in driveway. Fire department said it was a electrical fire that started near the fuse box. Fire burned through firewall and continued up the ceiling console. This car is usually parked in my garage, with my bedroom right above. Fire started around 12:30am.

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Jul 152014

Equinox 4-cyl

I was driving on a 2 lane road with heavy woods on each side and a deer ran out of the woods in front of me. I hit the deer with the front of my Equinox. I immediately smelled the fumes from the air bag but did not see where the air bag deployed. Onstar came on and asked if I was ok, that they were advised my air bag had deployed. The in dash sensor in my car also alerted that the air bag had been deployed. My steering wheel appeared normal, but a small gap around the air bag cover. It appears that my air bag had attempted to deploy but the bag itself did not inflate. The damage was filled on insurance and GM was notified of the incident due to the fact that my air bag did not function correctly. The vehicle has been taken to the dealership where it was purchased to have the air bag & sensors replaced. GM did open a claim with my complaint and said that it would be 20 to 30 days for an investigation to be done.

- Robbinsville, NC, USA

May 162014

Equinox 4-cyl

I pulled into my driveway and put the car in park. I noticed a small puff of white smoke from the hood in one specific place. Prior to this, there was not a check engine light, there was not a messgae warning of reduced engine power. The car was inspected at a certified GM dealership on 4/16/2014. Nothing was noted on the diagnostic form to fix or replace. It was completed at the dearlership that we purchased the car at. I quickly got out of my car and begin to get my three year old out of his carseat. I looked at the hood and there was so much black smoke pouring out of the hood I could not see our shed or anything in front of me. I yelled to the other two children (both 6), to get out of their carseats and run into the woods. I unbuckled one child and the other child slipped out of her buckle. They ran to a safe spot. I ran into the house called 911 and got our fire extinguisher. Came outsude and there was black smoke filling the sky and pouring out of the hood in numerous places. I used the fire extinguisher which did not help. I got the garden hose and tried to use that, but was getting too dangerous. So I waited for the fire department to arrive. At this time there was flames coming from the bottom and top of the car and the car was making loud cracking and exploding noises. There was so much smoke I could not see the house which was close by. The windows exploded and the passanger airbag went off. The three children countinued to be 500 feet into the woods and I frantically was running around (37 week pregnant).the shed caught on fire. The fire department arrived and extinguished the fire. The two front tires were completly melted and ruined our driveway.

- Calais, VT, USA

Mar 122014

Equinox 4-cyl

I was hit by a car pulling out of a gas station. Hit pretty hard side air bags did not deploy.

- Shirley, NY, USA

Sep 232013

Equinox

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while attempting to open the driver and passenger's side door, the doors collapsed into the fender, creating dents in the doors. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the mechanic stated that the doors had to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 11,000. The current mileage was 19,000.

- Stillmore, GA, USA