7.7

2013 Chevrolet Equinox engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Equinox:

2013 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Oct 162013

Equinox

The lights in the intorior of my car go out intermittantly. I have been driving down the highway going 70mph and without warning the car just died on me, I had to have someone push me off the highway because the car would not start. I waited about 10 mins and it started up again. The collision senor goes off when there is nothing around the car and boggs down the car while driving. I have taken it to 2 different shops and they can not get the problem to duplicate. They have had my car since before thanksgiving and gave it back to me the week of christimas. I drove it and had no problems until that Friday on my way home from work crossing over a busy intersection the collison alert started ringing and the senor is off and the car died in the middle of the road. I was able to get it started right away and get out of the intersection. I took it back to the shop and they still can't get the problem resolved. I say the GM obiously has electrical issues with their cars, because reading others complaints about the same issues. This is a major safety issue!

- Austin, TX, USA

May 122013

Equinox 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet Equinox. The contact stated that while driving approximately 3 mph in reverse, a load roaring noise emitted from the engine. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was unable to locate the defect. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000. Updated 2/11/14 another dealer informed the consumer, the noise was coming from the high valve fuel pump on the engine and in the gas tank. The consumer has since traded the vehicle. Updated 02/18/14

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jan 312013

Equinox 4-cyl

When I take off and begin to accelerate, car hesitates. Getting worse. As I was approaching the top of an overpass, had to speed up because it seemed to hesitated. Took it in once, service manager and assistant both said they drove it and nothing happened. I left there and it happened and continues to happen.

- Taft, TX, USA