2014 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - interior problems: missing cargo area close-out panel, was not installed

Missing Cargo Area Close-Out Panel, Was Not Installed

4.0

2014 Chevrolet Equinox accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Equinox:

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Owner Comments

Nov 092013

Equinox LT2 4 cyl

I called the dealer and he checked and said all the 2014 he has did not have the part installed. I also currently own a 2010 Equinox which has that panel installed so I know it should be there. I checked with the local dealer parts dept and the guy looked on system and found that the part number had changed from the 2010-2013 versions, the 2014 part # is 23426665. Can be ordered but not in stock.

My question is why this panel is not being installed on delivered cars? I hope they don't think that we should now buy this part as an accessory. Without this panel installed when you slide the rear seat forward there is almost a foot long gap in the cargo deck down to the seat running rails, how dumb is that. Chevy get your S---- together.

Update from Nov 22, 2013: Did not get very far with GM in sounding an alarm that a part is missing off their product, but they did give me a $250 gift card to buy whatever I need, that was very nice. Also the dealer were I purchased the car thought it was odd also so they ordered me the part for free. It just came in and it fits perfect and looks exactly the same as my 2010 equinox part that came with car. I surmise that with the new part # for the 2014 panel they may have omitted it off the assembly line, Oops. New equinox owners may not be aware of missing cargo panel but lay those rear seats down and move them forward and what a hole in cargo area.

- , Watsonville, CA, USA