2001 Chevrolet Express body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Express:

2001 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Jun 122014

Express VAN V8

The problem started out as a small bubble with water in it from all the rain that had happened. As it dried, the paint went back to normal with a small crack in it. As the days went by, I saw a small bare spot appear. After looking closely, I noticed that it was from where the crack was. I then saw the paint peeling off the back doors, then the top. The van could be sitting in the driveway with the wind blowing and I could see large flakes of paint just blow off the top. I started to notice other Chevy vans/trucks from about the same year and theirs was peeling also. When I say peeling I am not talking about the clear coat, I am talking about the paint down to the primer. There isn't any rust causing the problem but almost seems as if the paint is just turning loose and leaving a slick grey primer showing. It comes down to the fact that GM used the wrong paint/primer combination and by the time the problem surfaced, the warranty was out. GM should have the problems corrected at their expense, not ours.

- , Spartanburg, SC, USA