Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2001 Chevrolet Express brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Express:

2001 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Jan 292010

On Friday January 29th 2010 I was involved in an accident. I rear ended a SUV. My 2001 Chevrolet Express van would not stop due to anti lock brake failure. When I applied the brakes the anti lock system took over and the brake pedal went to the floor. My vehicle continued forward never slowing down until I struck the vehicle ahead of me. I would have been able to stop if the anti lock brakes had not taken over my vehicle. I had a more than a five second space between the vehicle in front of me.

- Joelton, TN, USA

May 202004

Express 8-cyl

While driving on the highway engine and brakes failed at the same time. Vehicle was towed to the dealer, who determined that power steering shaft separated, and dealer replaced the power steering pump. Dealer stated that vehicle required hydraulic assist; therefore, if vehicle looses hydraulic fluid, vehicle will loose both power steering and brake.

- Sudbury, 00, USA

Oct 112001

Express 8-cyl

Brakes waering out too soon and grinding.

- Wheat Ridge, CO, USA

Apr 232002

While driving ABS light illuminated the dash. Took vehicle to dealer. Problem has not been remedied as of yet. Dealer stated that this was a no fix.

- Mclean, VA, USA

Jan 042001

Vehicle pulled to left or to right when applying brakes. Vehicle been in dealer shop on two occasions, and problem still reoccurring. Please provide any further details on this matter.

- Tucson, AZ, USA