2001 Chevrolet Express windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Express:

2001 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Mar 012001

Express

The company I work for recently purchased a new work van for me to use. Upon my first day of driving I realized that I had a problem with the tinted strip in the windshield. I am a tall person and when sitting in the seat my line of vision is thru this tinted strip. At night I noticed that my distance of vision is very limitied, even in daylight hours. I have checked with several auto glass dealers and they all say I can't get this windshield without the tinted strip. I have talked to the dealer and to GM customer assistance and they tell me the same thing. They would not help me in finding if I could get a special order on a clear windshield. I am looking for a windshield manufacturer that could make me one special order. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

- Warrenton, GA, USA