Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2003 Chevrolet Express accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Express:

2003 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Jun 012008

I own a 2003 Chevrolet Express van. I am unable to open the rear doors on the driver and passenger sides. I have been told by a local body shop that the problem is the pins that were used in the hinges. They are rusting from the inside causing the doors not to open. This body shop said they have been given information on how to fix the problem at a cost of $1500 per side. But I cannot find any information about a recall from General Motors. I do not have an extended warranty on this vehicle but I don't think these repairs should be made at my expense. This vehicle is used mostly when I go camping. I have two young children who ride in this vehicle. I tried trading this vehicle in numerous times before the rear doors became totally inoperable. But every dealership I go to goes for the rear doors and tries to open them. Which leads me to believe that they know that a problem exists.

- Watseka, IL, USA

Jun 282008

(1)seat belt will not latch. Seatbelt latch opens without warning. (2)the side cargo door hinges are faulty and hard to open. Opens without warning.

- Auburndale, MA, USA