Print this page

9.5

really awful
Crashes / Fires:
0 / 3
Injuries / Deaths:
0 / 0
Average Mileage:
1,000 miles

About These NHTSA Complaints:

This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.

2003 Chevrolet Express electrical problems

electrical problem

Find something helpful? Spread the word.
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Express:

Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.

2003 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

problem #3

Jul 232007

Express 6-cyl

  • Automatic transmission
  • miles

A D V E R T I S E M E N T S

The contact called regarding a 2003 Chevrolet Express 1500. The contact is the physical damage inspector for an insurance company. He stated that the vehicle was parked when the horn began to sound. He stated that the horn is also used as an intruder alarm. Shortly after, flames began to rise from the hood. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they stated that it was not a warranty related failure. The dealer also stated that the wire that runs from the horn relay to the actual horn in the steering wheel column super heated, which caused the fire. A police report was filed. The purchase date and mileages were unknown. Return usps, made 2nd attempt 08/04/07 failed.

- Paraus, NJ, USA

problem #2

Aug 112003

(reported on)

Express

  • miles
Cosnumer stated vehicle was parked over night when it suddenly caught on fire. Fire department stated it was an electrical fire.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA

problem #1

Feb 152003

Express 6-cyl

  • Automatic transmission
  • 3,000 miles
Fire that originated in the right rear back door factory wiring where arcing and electrical faulting were present, specifically the wiring traveling to the lock motor, where a short to ground occurred and ignited wiring insulation into open flame.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Not what you are looking for?