Print this page Notes: The Chevy Express is mechanically identical to the GMC Savana.

2007 Chevrolet Express accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Express:

2007 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Jul 092008

I took my 2007 Chevy express 15 passenger van to the dealership this morning to have "stronger" tethers installed, also additional tethers installed. I was told that there were no other tethers that could be installed. Also, I was told that they do not have anything stronger than what is already in our vehicle. From everything I have read the vehicle installed tethers only hold up to 48 lbs. Our carseat alone is 30 lbs and my two children are 40 and 30 lbs each. That tells me that neither of them are going to be safe with the tether system in the event of a crash in our vehicle. Now we have another baby on the way and they are telling me there is no way to install another tether system into our van. How do you pick which children are protected from being thrown from the vehicle and which ones are not? I have read over and over again that you should "contact the dealer for help with tethers" and my dealer acted like he did not even know what they were. Help!

- Springfield, MO, USA