2.0

2008 Chevrolet Express brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Express:

2008 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Apr 122015

Express 8-cyl

When I was driving in my local area, my brakes started to give out.in order to stop I needed to press very hard on the brakes to stop. Not easy to do.the warning brake indicator light came on.I took it to a local auto repair shop.they said they could not fix it.the brake line was the issue.they filled it with brake fluid then I was able too drive it to the dealer who then repaired the line, for 600 dollars. My question is were there other complaints about this issue.?if my kids were driving this it might have been a different story.thank goodness no one was hurt. There was no other indicators of this issue.

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

May 052014

Express 8-cyl

During a normal stop the anti lock brakes will kick in from right to left at random on dry pavement. This causes the steering to pull to the left and right with out warning. There are many complaints about this on the internet. The Chevrolet dealers are avoiding the issue, and the supposedly fix the problem ( at the owners cost), and the problem is still there. This has caused accidents for some drivers already.

- Naperville, IL, USA