2010 Chevrolet Express seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Express:

2010 Chevrolet Express Owner Comments

Nov 172014

Express

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Express. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V117000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ne Alberquerque, NM, USA

Apr 152014

Express

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Express 2500. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V117000 (airbags). However, the parts needed were not available. The dealer was unable to provide a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 012014

Express

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Express 1500. The contact stated that she was concerned for her safety since the part were still not available in order to do repairs for NHTSA campaign number: 14V117000 (air bags). The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The vehicle had not experience a failure.

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Apr 162014

Express 8-cyl

On 4/16/2014 I scot E. brauninger was stopped at traffic light in my vehicle a 2010 Chevy express 1500 van, on plank rd. Heading East towards central park in fredericksburg, va I was behind another vehicle and as the light turned green and before I had a chance to move the van raced and went forward with an unusual increase in engine rpms and the vehicle abnormally accelerated into the back of the vehicle in front of me. I had no control of the acceleration and could not stop by using my brakes. As the short time that all of this occurred I did not have time to turn off the ignition. The damage to both vehicles are extensive and also air bags did not deploy at all.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Apr 162014

Express 8-cyl

On 4/16/2014 I scot E. brauninger was stopped at traffic light in my vehicle a 2010 Chevy express 1500 van, on plank rd. Heading East towards central park in fredericksbug, va. I was behind another vehicle and as the light turn green and before I had a chance to move the van raced and went forward with an unusual increase in engine rpms and the vehicle abnormally accelerated into the back of the vehicle in front of me. I had no control of the acceleration and could not stop by using my brakes. As the short time that all of this occurred I did not have time to turn off the ignition. The damage to both vehicles are extensive and also air bags did not deploy at all.

- Fredericksburg , VA, USA

Feb 232014

Express 8-cyl

Started vehicle and "service air bags" warning came on. It has come on at every start since. On 3/20/14 Chevrolet dealer repair department diagnosed a faulty front sensor. Replacement will be available next week.

- West Orange, NJ, USA