2006 Chevrolet HHR electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR:

2006 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

Apr 102013

HHR 4-cyl

The vehicle lost power steering control. A chime sounded and a message appeared on the instrument panel. The power steering cuts out regularly since, every time the vehicle is driven. I have contacted GM numerous times, they insist that my vehicle is not included in the recent power steering recalls even though it uses the same exact power steering motor as the vehicles that are included (my local Chevrolet dealer has verified this and has contacted GM on my behalf too). I am frustrated and angry that GM is still neglecting to address this safety issue.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Apr 202014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V047000 (electrical system) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Olmsted Falls, OH, USA

May 082014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the power steering suddenly failed causing the steering wheel to become difficult to turn. In addition, the contact mentioned that the vehicle would suddenly decelerate. The contact stated that the failures occurred after the vehicle was serviced for NHTSA recall campaign number: 14V171000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Hopedale, OH, USA

Apr 142014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side interior door handles became fractured and were not replaced. In addition, NHTSA campaign number 14V171000 (electrical system) was referenced however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the part was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Camden, NJ, USA

Nov 222013

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice and reimbursement request form. The consumer stated she and her husband were involved in an accident, in which another motorist hit them and totaled the vehicle.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

May 012014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch and lock cylinder issues. The consumer was informed the parts were not available, to rectify the recall.

- Haddonfield, NJ, USA

Apr 212014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id numbers: 14V047000 (electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system) but was advised by the dealer that the parts needed to complete the repair were not available. The manufacturer was also contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fairmont, WV, USA

May 012014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle power steering and starter failure. Consumer seeks financial assistance.

- Silsbee, TX, USA

Jul 272008

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer requests vehicle recall information updates. The consumer stated his son, along with three of his friends were killed in an accident. The cause was not identified, since the accident happened on July 27, 2008.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Dec 012013

HHR

TL-the contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while he drove at approximately 65 to 70 mph the steering failed without warning. The contact was able to control the steering wheel with force. The failure was experienced several times. The contact was able to drive the vehicle to the local mechanic whom performed a diagnostic which located the failure at the ignition coil and module. The vehicle was repaired the ignition coil and module was replace. The manufacturer advised the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) the failure mileage was 85,000 and the current mileage was 96,000.

- North Bridge, CA, USA

Feb 062014

HHR

Fuel leak in front of drivers side rear wheel. This is completely unacceptable in an 8 year old vehicle. The fuel line corroded and leaked heavily, cost me $254.22 to replace this faulty gas line. I am obviously not the only person this has happened to. I have also had all the other typical problems such as the key will not release from ignition, bad rotors, loose front end bushings and excessive front end vibration over typical street cracks. Broken drivers side interior door handle, cracked windshield...... updated 10/22/2014

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Jun 242013

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the key seized in the ignition and the vehicle failed to shift to park. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the ignition switch cylinder was replaced along with the battery. The manufacturer was contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 132,441.

- Quincy, FL, USA

Mar 312014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system), however the needed part was currently unavailable to perform the repair. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for the remedy part to become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Market, AL, USA

Apr 252014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that she received a notice for NHTSA campaign number 14V171000 (electrical system) and was informed by the dealer and manufacturer that the parts were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jan 012007

HHR 4-cyl

Good day. I'll keep this brief. To be clear, I went to the dealer (autonation usa) with the recall issue shortly after it occurred the first time, and a couple of other times after that. I was told that I was too short, fat, and my knee was knocking the key out of the ignition. My key never fell out of the ignition, but the car did shut off, losing control of all electrical systems while at 70+ mph. Secondly, I have gone in to the dealer for my transmission as well. The car began to slightly jerk at around 60K miles. I was told they didn't notice anything, however, they never checked the transmission, and I was told they could do nothing. When the matter got really bad, the mileage was over 100K, and out of warranty. I have brought it to their attention that I attempted to clear this up prior, and was told they would have to treat it as a new issue. I'll make it easy. When I have had the ignition issues nearly kill my family and myself on more than 30 occurrences, the dealer fixing a small, inexpensive item, because they have been exposed, does little to quell the anger I have regarding the various other issues I have regarding warranty maintenance they could have completed while under warranty, and instead chose to belittle me and now wish to charge me obscene amounts of money to repair. GM should offer to complete the maintenance at no cost considering I have gone to them prior to the close of the warranty and was ridiculed and further, made to have my family's life in danger 30-40 times so they could save some money. Further, I understand it is not legally required for them to do anything, however, doing the right thing goes a long way. I have spoken to GM about the issues a couple of times now only just simply be told they were sorry and I should have the situation diagnosed (needlessly). This is the first I've heard of this website so I'm trying now. Thanks.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Apr 242014

HHR 4-cyl

Parts are not available. May be a month or more. I'm driving a car that could potentially be a death trap. I hold GM accountable for any defect to my automobile.

- New Albany, IN, USA

Mar 142014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received two recall notifications for NHTSA campaign id numbers 14V171000 (electrical system) and 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and was informed that the parts were currently unable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was notified and they could not provide an expected date for remedy part to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fruitland, ID, USA

Jun 072012

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the vehicle shifted out of park without the key being in the ignition. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 21,000 and the current miles was 43,590.

- Ritman, OH, USA

Apr 172014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while exiting a parking lot, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact crashed into another vehicle and then a pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was transported from the scene for medical treatment of minor cuts and bruises and the vehicle was towed to a salvage facility. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the contact was not able to have the vehicle repaired because the parts had not become available prior to the crash. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 32,000. Updated 06/10/14

- Bedford Heights , OH, USA

Mar 062014

HHR

I started my car and put it in gear. The automatic door locks locked all doors. As I was driving the passenger front door un lachted and came open. All the other doors were still closed and locked. I stopped my car put it in park and the passenger front door lock was in the lock postion still and was unable to close the door. I checked the door latch and it was in the open postion. Finally after locking and unlocking the doors with the door lock the door. Closed. Thought we were safe to go then put my car in drive again and the door came open again. Worked with the door again and now it will not open. Good thing we were not on the highway when it happened. Now another saftey issue my car will not go all the way into park unless the nose of the car is at a downward angle and cannot get the key out of the ignition. Worse GM car I have ever owned.

- Weatherford, TX, USA