9.3

2006 Chevrolet HHR engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR:

2006 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 102014

HHR 4 cyl

The check engine light and the traction control light will come on and will make the car jerk and then will go off and then will do it again. Have complained about this before and the problem was never taken care of.

- , Goshen, IN, USA

Apr 012009

HHR

power steering light, transmission code, check engine lt

This car has had problems since we orginally purchased it used. It has been to the dealer multiple times. Two control modules were replaced. 66 error codes thrown from open trunk to engine issues. All due to electrical problem somewhere in the car as yet unidentified. We still owe $3000 on this car after owning pretty much undriveable for 3 years. We have driven only in town. It will not pass inspection because it throws a transmission error code DUE TO this electrical problem.

- , Albany, NY, USA

Nov 022012

HHR 2 LT 2.4L

My HHR's check engine light keeps coming on then going off. It will stay on for a couple weeks then go off for a few days then come back on. It always throws the code for cylinder 3 misfire. I have replaced spark plugs it ran good for a couple weeks then check engine light came back on. I changed the ignition coil's and a few days later check engine light came back on. I did compression check and all was good. I changed the map sensor. What should I try next?

- , Port Wentworth, GA, USA