2006 Chevrolet HHR engine problems: check engine light on

Check Engine Light On

8.4

2. camshaft senors replaced (1 reports)
2006 Chevrolet HHR engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR:

2006 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Oct 012014

HHR LS

The problem originally started on my precious year's inspection attempt. The check engine light came on prior to the inspection. I had Triple A Auto service the problem, which was showing up as code PO11. The mechanic said it was something to do with oil compression off the engine. Well shortly after inspection the light was back on along with the traction control, at all times. It used to be random but was staying engaged for every drive.

I began to do my own research and found input on this site about the sensors fire the camshaft. I purchased the intake and exhaust sensors from amazon.http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F675WNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F675VI8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

They are easy to install and original replacement parts.

Among with the check engine light being cleared this fix also cancelled out the traction control. I don't know why or how they would be related but it has not engaged at all since the repair was made a few weeks ago.

This is just one more fix I had to diagnose and repair myself because the mechanics do not look into consumer complaint histories for common problems that should but do not get a recall.

- , Burgaw, NC, USA

Aug 122014

HHR 4.2L

The Check engine light keeps going off and on. The first time it happened I had the spark plugs changed and air filter cleaned. The next time it came on I tightened the gas cap and it went off. This time its just on, I've tightened the gas cap, took it to the mechanic and he said the same thing, plugs need to be replaced. Thinking about trading this car in and I just got it 12months ago.

- , Marlton, NJ, USA

Mar 102014

HHR 4 cyl

The check engine light and the traction control light will come on and will make the car jerk and then will go off and then will do it again. Have complained about this before and the problem was never taken care of.

- , Goshen, IN, USA

Apr 012009

HHR

power steering light, transmission code, check engine lt

This car has had problems since we orginally purchased it used. It has been to the dealer multiple times. Two control modules were replaced. 66 error codes thrown from open trunk to engine issues. All due to electrical problem somewhere in the car as yet unidentified. We still owe $3000 on this car after owning pretty much undriveable for 3 years. We have driven only in town. It will not pass inspection because it throws a transmission error code DUE TO this electrical problem.

- , Albany, NY, USA

Nov 022012

HHR 2 LT 2.4L

My HHR's check engine light keeps coming on then going off. It will stay on for a couple weeks then go off for a few days then come back on. It always throws the code for cylinder 3 misfire. I have replaced spark plugs it ran good for a couple weeks then check engine light came back on. I changed the ignition coil's and a few days later check engine light came back on. I did compression check and all was good. I changed the map sensor. What should I try next?

- , Port Wentworth, GA, USA