2006 Chevrolet HHR seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR:

2006 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jun 022014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice. The consumer would like to know, if he can take the vehicle, to a particular dealer.

- Edwards, MS, USA

Mar 012014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that it was taking too long for the vehicle to be repaired under NHTSA campaign numbers 14V171000 (electrical system) and 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The dealer stated that the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired and had not experienced a failure. Updated 08/14/14

- Niles, IL, USA

Jun 022014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to waiting for parts to complete ignition switch recall notice. The consumer stated she has been waiting over a month.

- Cullen, LA, USA

Feb 122014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that after numerous attempts, the vehicle failed to start. The contact was informed that the part for NHTSA campaign number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 139,000.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

May 172014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 65, the contact was cut off by another vehicle which caused the contact to lose control and crash into an embankment. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. The contact attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) but was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 154,798.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Nov 222013

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice and reimbursement request form. The consumer stated she and her husband were involved in an accident, in which another motorist hit them and totaled the vehicle.

- Greenwood, IN, USA

May 012014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch and lock cylinder issues. The consumer was informed the parts were not available, to rectify the recall.

- Haddonfield, NJ, USA

Mar 282014

HHR 4-cyl

I was driving South on a 4 lane rte with a center lane for turning. I was driving the posted speed limit and then I don't know what happened. One minute I was driving, the next I was crashing into a telephone pole. The car went left of the center lane and the two northbound lanes and into the telephone pole. It happened so fast. There were no witnesses that came forward. I don't recall hearing any horns blaring or brakes squealing. I had no sense of warning that I was going to crash. ( I have been in or seen crashes before and there is usually a sense of " oh no this is about to happen"). my airbags did not deploy. My head spiderwebbed the windshield. I had tiny cuts in my scalp and slivers of glass in my hair. My left shoulder hit something (maybe the steering wheel)? my left thigh had a bruise from the steering wheel. The bruise was 12" X 4 or 5 " throughout the length of the bruise.. there is a large hematoma above where the bruise had been. This hematoma is measures approx 7 " and round. It is painful and protrudes 3". my right knee was banged up and is still painful and there was bruising and a smaller hematoma about the size of a golfball. Both hematomas remain. The crash was on 3/28/2014. My neck started hurting immediately and still remains painful. The car has front end damage and some on the left and some on the right. I believe my injuries were directly caused by failure of airbag deployment.

- Collinsville, OH, USA

Mar 312014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and 14V171000 (electrical system), however the needed part was currently unavailable to perform the repair. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for the remedy part to become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Market, AL, USA

Jan 012007

HHR 4-cyl

Good day. I'll keep this brief. To be clear, I went to the dealer (autonation usa) with the recall issue shortly after it occurred the first time, and a couple of other times after that. I was told that I was too short, fat, and my knee was knocking the key out of the ignition. My key never fell out of the ignition, but the car did shut off, losing control of all electrical systems while at 70+ mph. Secondly, I have gone in to the dealer for my transmission as well. The car began to slightly jerk at around 60K miles. I was told they didn't notice anything, however, they never checked the transmission, and I was told they could do nothing. When the matter got really bad, the mileage was over 100K, and out of warranty. I have brought it to their attention that I attempted to clear this up prior, and was told they would have to treat it as a new issue. I'll make it easy. When I have had the ignition issues nearly kill my family and myself on more than 30 occurrences, the dealer fixing a small, inexpensive item, because they have been exposed, does little to quell the anger I have regarding the various other issues I have regarding warranty maintenance they could have completed while under warranty, and instead chose to belittle me and now wish to charge me obscene amounts of money to repair. GM should offer to complete the maintenance at no cost considering I have gone to them prior to the close of the warranty and was ridiculed and further, made to have my family's life in danger 30-40 times so they could save some money. Further, I understand it is not legally required for them to do anything, however, doing the right thing goes a long way. I have spoken to GM about the issues a couple of times now only just simply be told they were sorry and I should have the situation diagnosed (needlessly). This is the first I've heard of this website so I'm trying now. Thanks.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Mar 142014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received two recall notifications for NHTSA campaign id numbers 14V171000 (electrical system) and 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) and was informed that the parts were currently unable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was notified and they could not provide an expected date for remedy part to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fruitland, ID, USA

Apr 172014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while exiting a parking lot, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact crashed into another vehicle and then a pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was transported from the scene for medical treatment of minor cuts and bruises and the vehicle was towed to a salvage facility. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the contact was not able to have the vehicle repaired because the parts had not become available prior to the crash. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 32,000. Updated 06/10/14

- Bedford Heights , OH, USA

Feb 022008

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph in the snow, he lost traction and crashed into the median. The contact stated that after he crashed, the engine stopped and the air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Morrisville , PA, USA

Apr 012014

HHR 4-cyl

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to ignition switch recall notice. The consumer stated the steering wheel and front end were shaking, and there was a noise coming from the vehicle. The technician found a worn out bearing, the steering shaft had an internal failure and the sway bar links were worn. The steering column, intermediate shaft and sway bar links were replaced. Also, it was difficult to shift out of park at times. It was determined a liquid had been spilled in the shifter. Also, the consumer was unable to remove the key from the ignition.

- Macon, MS, USA

Jan 012010

HHR

2006 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to air bag malfunction. Consumer sent additional correspondence. The consumer was involved in an accident in 2010, and the air bag did not deploy. Also, the vehicle stalled and was recalled for ignition and steering problems. Updated 04/15/14

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Sep 022013

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted moments later. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure and informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The approximate failure mileage was 118,000.

- Kiln, MS, USA

Mar 192014

HHR

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact received a recall notice of NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system); however, the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. There are no failures at this time...updated 05-09-14 updated 05/13/14

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Sep 272011

HHR

I hit a deer there was over $4000 in damage to the front of the back when it happen know one knew why the they did not work so I just talk to Chevy and they said it could of been the way I hit and that all and it is at the Chevy for electrical work even when the radio is off and you turn the key off the radio comes on and light in the dash work then don T work driving down the down how are we to know for sure if it there fault or not just pay the bill we get when they say it S not and we are now stuck with the car no one will buy it or take as a trade in so now that everyone is stuck with a car we don T feel safe in what are we to do it is not fare to all the people who have them.

- Leetonia, OH, USA

Mar 132014

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated while driving 35 mph and making a left turn the engine stalled without warning causing the contact to lose control and crashed into a pole. The contact suffered injuries to the face, knee, wrist, neck, and back. The vehicle was towed for further inspection. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign recall number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system) was received after the crash. The failure and current mileage was 90,100. Updated 05/19/14

- Tampa , FL, USA

Sep 302008

HHR

Turn signals do not cancel. Dealer found broken clock spring in drivers air bag. Replaced on warranty. Hello, anyone listening?

- Fridley, MN, USA