9.3

2007 Chevrolet HHR steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet HHR:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Sep 192013

HHR LT 2.4L

Driving on the highway at about 70 mph and there is a chime and the instrument panel reads "power steering", good thing it was on the highway or it really would have been ugly! The problem has been occurring off and on just about every day since, I pull over, shut the car off and turn it back on, most times it will be fine for a day or two. It needs to be fixed but I would really like for GM to issue a recall before I have to spend the money out of my own pocket, other than that problem I am very happy with the HHR, it is a very reliable car, but when the power steering goes out, it really does pose a serious safety issue!!! It's a good thing I am able to handle steering without power.

- , Easton, Pennsylvania, USA

Nov 302012

HHR LT

My 2007 hhr power steering light has came on and

the power steering has stopped working

- , Covington, GA, USA

Apr 282013

HHR LT 4 cyl

While driving power steering light came on and lost power steering. Stopped and restarted the car and got a few miles when the problem occurred again. I lost steering several times before I got home. Going to bring it in to the dealer in the morning. If there is a recall on this later, will I get reimbursed?

- , Alexandria, VA, USA