2007 Chevrolet HHR wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet HHR:

2007 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Aug 312011

HHR

Firehawk gta 03. These tires are the original factory issue on my 07chevy HHR. All 4 tires appear to have the same problem / defect. They are all cracking along the outside edge of the tread pattern. Where the flat surface of the tire meets the sidewalls. The cracks are hard to see at first, because they so closely follow the deepest indents of the treads. 2 of the 4 tires now have a slow leak. They are an accident waiting to happen! to date, no one wants to take responsibility for these defective tires. Chevy says "tires' are covered by manufacturer's warranty. Firestone says they are not responsible for oem products! what a bunch of finger-pointers! these tires now have 43,100. Miles and have been rotated every 3-5 K along with each oil change. On another note, these tires handle poorly in med.to heavy rains. They will easily hydro-plane without due cause.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Jun 092008

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The vehicle has Firestone affinity tires, size P/215/55/R16 (na). While driving 15 mph through small quantities of water, the vehicle fishtailed as if the tires had poor traction. The contact took the tires to an authorized dealer, but they could not locate the cause of the failure. He still has possession of the tires. The dot number was unknown. The failure mileage was 10 and current mileage was 11,000. Updated 7/1/09 updated 07/07/09.

- Novi, MI, USA

Aug 172008

HHR 4-cyl

My right driver's side tire failed and blew out in 3 places causing my vehicle to slam into concrete guardrails while I was on the inside corner of the highway and raining. The tire had what was told as an egg develop inside the tire bursting out. My insurance company has followed through with subjugation towards GM to find out why the tired failed; just that they replaced the tire and still have not been able to receive pictures of the tire nor how the tire was disposed. GM should have paid for this as it was a factory tire that failed and could have injured me worse; even caused a fatal accident. I have no police report but had 3 jso jacksonville, fl officers stop and none of them helped me with this matter and never called anyone back to help me. I am concerned that there may be more Firestone tires out there like mine and holding GM responsible for responding back to me as to why it has not been addressed. Tire was replaced with identical model. Updated 07/25/12

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 102008

HHR

When brakes are applied, the steering wheel and front end shakes. The vehicle has been put in the shop 4 times. I believe this falls under the lemon-law. The vehicle is still under warranty. I want the vehicle replaced or fixed. The car is unsafe, for my family. I have twins that are 3 years old!! something needs to be replaced or fixed. It has been back to the dealer 4 times and its not fixed!!!!! howard H. herold

- Arnold , MD, USA

May 172007

HHR

My 2007 HHR came brand new, with Firestone firehawk gta tires. They are terrible. They don't adequately handle rainy roads, and hydroplane way too easily. I was 15-20 mph below the speed limit, in barely moderate rain, and hydroplaining. I have never had such a poorly performing set of tires before. They only have 15K miles on them, with even tread wear. Poor design. These are gta 3 tires, but there wasn't an option for that on this website, so I entered gta 2.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Nov 102007

HHR 4-cyl

I am having tire problems, premature wear on front, and knocking noise in front steering, took it to I took it to the local dealer they replaced the steering assy, but did nothing with tires, now I need tires and have gone to 5 different tire stores, and all of them state that the tires I have on my 2007 Chevrolet HHR 2.2 DOHC, are not the proper ones for the vehicle rating. And no one carries them. And if they did they would be $175 per tire, tires in mention are P215/50 R17 90T, I would expect full tire replacement at no charge to myself and others in this situation.

- Rescue, CA, USA