2.7

2008 Chevrolet HHR lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Nov 132014

HHR

Problems with lighting include no bright headlights. Alternating problems occur with the running lights and dim lights. Alternating meaning that both do work at different times in almost a back and forth pattern. They have not both failed to work at the same time as of yet. I have managed to simply switch around fuses/relays of the same model number to get both running and dim lights to work. The bright lights have not worked in almost a year. Problems occur when car is started from a stationary position. I have had the fuses/relays tested at an independent auto parts store and was told they are fine after buying replacements on two occasions. This matter needs to be the topic of a recall as it is a serious safety hazard to not have bright lights, running lights and especially headlights. I read online that this is a common issue with the 2008 Chevy HHR.

- Eaton Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 292008

HHR 4-cyl

Ever since I have had this car that I bought new, there have been electrical problems. The dashboard lights just go off while driving down the road. When the dash lights blink back on, the lighting brightness switch does not work, the roller to make it brighter does not dim the dash lights, until they all just go off again.? the tire sensors all go off and there is no readings for tire pressure. You check the tire pressure manually and they are all ok. The door locks don't work properly. If you use the key fob, the doors will lock and then you can't get them open again with the key fob and you are stuck. The key in the door won't even open the door, it is locked up tight. I have taken it into the dealer under warranty 3 times and they can find nothing wrong. I just don't lock my car anymore.

- Hot Springs Village, AR, USA

Dec 312013

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the headlights continued to fail. The failure recurred three times in six months. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, and each time the headlights were replaced however, they could not diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Maplewood, MN, USA

Oct 232013

HHR

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. The contact stated that the passenger's side head light overheated causing it to malfunction. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the failure was verified but a remedy was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 35,000.

- Detroit , MI, USA

Sep 012011

HHR 4-cyl

I purchased my HHR 2008 new and only have 34400+ mileage as to this date, not hard on braking and 2013 the brakes were warped and I have it repaired. I experienced the problem with the ignition once, cannot turn off but after trying it eventually turned off after several try. This happened only once so I did nożżT take it to the dealer. Then my power steering went out while I was driving 40mph, I stopped the car and called the dealer and advice me to bring it in. The steering assist motor was replaced in 9/1/11. Then Nov. 19,2012 the rear side door will not close. My daughter have to drive while I was holding the door close, dealer replaced the internal lock door. Now I ażżM having problem with the engine light warning on with the temperature gauge working sometimes. I took it to the dealer and they said that is was not on. So nothing was done. As I said it work sometimes and most of the time it wasż not working. I will take it back to the dealer and hopefully it will stay on so they can check what's wrong with it.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 052014

HHR 4-cyl

Brake lights melted on car.

- Crescent City, CA, USA