2008 Chevrolet HHR seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 022013

HHR

2008 Chevrolet HHR. Consumer writes in regards to air bag recall notice. The consumer believed the letter he received was a scam.

- Racine, WI, USA

Feb 282009

HHR 4-cyl

Door locks stick. Have been locked in vehicle. Reported to GM they do not feel door locks sticking dangerous. Been in dealer were purchased 7 times for door locks to be fixed. Door locks still sticking. Was forced to sign a complaint letter with GM with lemon law attorney. We feel that vehicle can never be fixed. Still having trouble with door locks. Video of being locked in.was purchased new. We feel we have done our part taking back to dealer to be fixed. They are unable to fix defects. The consumer received a recall letter, regarding defective air bags. However, the parts were not available. Updated 01/09/17.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Sep 232012

HHR 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet HHR. While driving 40 mph, another vehicle crashed into the passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The vehicle was destroyed. The air bags failed to deploy. A passenger sustained neck and back injuries and the contact sustained shoulder injuries. Four months prior to the crash, the vehicle was involved in another crash in which the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle had not been inspected. The failure and current mileages were 39,993. Updated 11/14/12

- Rialto, CA, USA

Dec 082009

HHR

My wife was driving the car getting off the interstate when she hydroplaned she hit the cement wall at about 35-40mph head on pushed the bumper back about 6-8 in no air bag deployment is this right?

- Fairview, TN, USA

Nov 222008

HHR

I was driving a 2008 Chevy HHR and was involved in a rollover accident. No airbags deployed and I understand there was a recall by GM of certain 2008 GM HHR models for issues with roof rail airbags. I am wondering why no airbags deployed in my rollover accident.

- Chicago, IL, USA