2008 Chevrolet HHR transmission problems: transmission problems

Transmission Problems

2008 Chevrolet HHR

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

$3,000.00

1. total trans rebuild (3 reports)
2008 Chevrolet HHR transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet HHR:

2008 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Aug 122011

HHR LT

The transmission started slipping all the sudden and violently slamming into gear, took it to dealer, told me the car needed a new transmission!! At this point my car had been in the shop more than I had it!! I have regular maintenance done on this car and ask the people at the dealership to please check the fluids because I cannot check the transmission fluid or put some in if it needs it due to the design of the car, WHO DOES THIS?!

- , Palmdale, Ca, USA

Feb 102013

HHR

The same as with other 2008 HHR owners, my car was well taken care of, oil regularly changed & fluids etc regularly checked at DEALERSHIP, it has under 50,000 miles on odometer & suddenly made the same kind of sound like a stick was caught under it that other owners describe. It also felt like it was slipping slightly when in second gear. I immediately took it to be checked out & repaired. The dealership said the transmission was shot & needs rebuilt which is costing $3000.00.

- , Elwood, IN, USA

May 022012

HHR SS 2.0L

click to see larger images

transmission problems transmission problems

okay we are REALLY going to pursue a lawyer now. Not even 50k and the automatic transmission goes. This car is WELL MAINTAINED and NOT driven rough. This is it. See the photos ours is the black one....funny there is another HHR right beside it in the service bays....speaks for itself! They need a dedicated HHR crew!

This time it sounded like a stick was dragging under the car. It shifted real hard into and through gears. Heard from the dealership the tranny is wasted. WHY?

WILL UPDATE AS WE PROGRESS

Update from Jun 24, 2012: well the trans diff fell apart....under warranty... THANK GOD!...total rebuild of the trans, they say they "have never seen this happen"?!?!?!?!? Had the car for over a week...UNDER 50K THE TRANS DIFF FELL APART....WHY? The dealership does not know.....LEMON!

What is REALLY ironic....while our "jellybean" was in the shop it had one right next to it in the bay...see below...then when we picked it up ANOTHER HHR came in with problems.....they need a bay dedicated to HHR's!

- , Lusby, MD, USA