2009 Chevrolet HHR fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet HHR:

2009 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Jan 012012

HHR 4-cyl

I put the transmission into park and attempted to turn off the car and remove the key to go into a store. I could not turn the ignition switch to off or remove the key. I drove the car home and parked. I could still not turn the ignition switch to off or remove the key. Numerous attempts of putting car into reverse, or drive and into park did not solve the problem. The key was trapped in the ignition switch! called onstar and was forwarded to customer service; tow truck was called. Tow truck delivered car to dealership with engine still running. Problem diagnosed in ignition key cylinder which was replaced.

- Chapin, SC, USA

Oct 102009

HHR 4-cyl

This a 2009 Chevrolet HHR 2.2 liter engine 4cyl. During rush hour in the morning, in city traffic I was getting in to the freeway flow I had to step on the gas pedal on an off, when I notice the car got sluggish and would not respond to the amount of request on my foot, I was lucky and got of the freeway then I noticed the info on the instrumentation panel was warning! "engine power reduced", turned engine off and the car stared working normally, this same thing happened again a week later and then sooner until the car had no power and finally did not start any more I had E diagnostics read out and described "wrong readings on the throttle body" and "wrong gas pedal position, " I replaced the throttle body a $400 part did not fix it then the gas pedal $90 dlls part, and that fixed it! I' am an electrician for the city, I worked in the electronics mfg 25 years, so I always want to know the source of problems so I disassembled the gas pedal, and found that the carbon on the potentiometer was warn out, so I noticed that the steel sweepers where assembled backwards and they were scraping the carbon away of the little pc board part no.807819 this is inside the gas pedal assy. Part no.GM 20757615 manufactured II 5 24/08 other info on the pedal (6pv 933 902-02) the enclosure has the hella brand logo.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA