2009 Chevrolet HHR wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet HHR:

2009 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Oct 012013

HHR

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet HHR equipped with Firestone affinity touring tires size P215/55 R16. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the driver rear tire blew out. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure and informed the contact that the failure was due to over inflation. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileages, VIN and dot number was not available.

- Thurman, CA, USA

Aug 152009

HHR

My wife and I bought a new 2009 Chevrolet HHR. The vehicle specifications sticker on the driver's door calls for 30 psi tire inflation. However, the tires themselves show a maximum inflation of 44 psi. Since many people inflate tires according to what is on the sidewall instead of the door sticker, this could easily lead to overinflation of the tires and the associated hazards. In our case, every time we have had the oil changed, the service personnel have overinflated the tires, usually to around 40 psi, and I have had to decrease the pressure.

- Mcguffey, OH, USA