2010 Chevrolet HHR brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet HHR:

2010 Chevrolet HHR Owner Comments

Mar 112011

HHR 4-cyl

First the car wouldn't start, brakes smelt on fire, also noisy brakes, car never started until 4 turns, car pulls a few inches to right with no control of steering car would go dead at anytime even while driving. Electrical would happen random on sunroof, wipers, windows, and blinkers. Scary car, especially if I were going down a hill with no control. 2 years later dealership could never resolve problem. Paid $17,000 and needs $3,200 in work. Not sure if I fix these problems the car will work properly. Stressful car and dangerous.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jul 132010

HHR 4-cyl

I was turning left at a duel left turn lanes, I was on the out side, as I turned and accelerated to 35 the big red truck on the inside lane came into my lane of travel. As I saw this big red truck going across my hood I tried to stop and down shift when the left front tire skidded and the car jerked to the left and the car and truck met.

- Eugene, OR, USA