8.0

2. replace rear hatch (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Impala:

2000 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Aug 212010

Impala

car keeps draining battery. I have bought 2 new ones and the car keeps draining them. Alternator is new and works fine, battery brand new (tested fine) and and still dies overnight. I am to the point where i have to disconnect the dang battery every time I get out and connect it every time I need to drive. It shouldn't have to be this damn hard. Also, its not the trunk wires for me. Its something else but just cant figure it out....

- , Walkertown, NC, USA

Jul 252006

Impala LT 3.4L

Anyone out there, have the problem of the battery dying overnight and no luck finding it, Alternator is fine, battery brand new (tested fine) and at the point of unplugging battery or leaving a charger on it overnight... Been there done that. Being an electrician, I finally found the problem. Which I would have never thought to be an issue..... Good lawd...

Here is the fix. Pop your trunk, either by remote, or button in car. look under the trunk lid and you will find 2ea wiring plugs... Unplug them!!! The corporate is the biggest of the two. Which is called the Solenoid. You can either leave it unplugged and open trunk via key (as I did for a while), or spend less that $100 (usd) and replace the problem Solenoid. I finally did the latter, and left my Impala sitting most of the summer due to riding my bike, and now winter came. Battery is alive and well after 5 months of no starting.

Yes I feel that lil piece of S*** was my issue for months... Not anymore :-)

- , Billings, MT, USA