2001 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Mar 092009

Impala 3.4L V6

This car is possessed. It started with a battery light, nothing wrong with the battery. Then little by little, things got weirder and weirder. The airbag light, the seat belt light even though I was buckled, then the door locks quit working so now I have to climb through my car to lock and unlock them manually. The radio stops working at random and locks up, tape deck tries to spit out a tape even though there's nothing in it, gas gauge doesn't read so I've ran out of gas and been stuck on the side of the road many times, temp gauge doesn't read right, and sometimes the speedometer even stops working. The daytime running lights flash like crazy and people think I'm trying to flag them down or something, so I started turning my actual head lights on, that was fine for a while, but now, when I turn them on, the interior light starts flashing like a strobe light. I have been told multiple times that it is the ignition switch, had it replaced and it fixed NOTHING. Sometimes the car won't start for no reason. This car is a pile of problems. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. And the worst part is, all the times I've taken it in to have it looked at or have codes run on it, no one has a clue. I will never own a Chevy again.

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA