2001 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems: passlock key enabled anti-theft

Passlock Key Enabled Anti-Theft

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

8.0

2001 Chevrolet Impala electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Impala:

ERROR -- [ CarComplaints.com ]

There's been an error - Database connection not made: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please click your browser's Back button to try again.

2001 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jun 042012

Impala LS 3.8L

Well...well...well...It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has the "no-start" problem.

We should form a club and call it the " C. I. A" Chevy Impala Anonymous. Any ways.

Last time my car had its no start issue. I had my car towed to my mom's house so the boyfriend could take a look at it. How he came across this web site I have no idea, any ways he tried some of the suggestions and none of them worked. He asked me if the remote I had was the original. I told him no. I had it replaced because the original one, the chip inside broke.

So I don't know if this is a factor or not.

When the BF used the remote to unlock the doors and to start the car, well it would not start. Then he tried just using the key (no remote any shape or form) just the key to unlock the door and then start the car. Well the car started right up. He did this several times and using the key car starts...using the remote the car doesn't start (most of the time) why? Who the f*** knows.

So now when I use my car. I use the key to get in and of course start the car (fires right up) I hope I didn't jinx myself now.

I don't know if some of you have tried this already, just using the key to unlock the doors and start the car. If you haven't then go ahead and try it. See if it works for you, if it doesn't, well I tried.

I still love my car regardless of it's problems.

I'm also sorry for being long winded or blabber mouth what ever floats your boat.

Yes, there are probably spelling mistakes etc...deal with it.

- , Aberdeen, WA, USA

Oct 082010

Impala

my 01 impala have problem starting it wont turn over when out side temp 45 or lower, my battery volt 14 good connecting at the starter 14 v, when turn the key switch the solenoid wire wire don't get fire. but after the out side temp get to 55 fine. I would like to know do the Theft system have any thing to do with this problem I having. Only when it cool it wont start. I have a new battery,starter. Why it start when it warn or hot out side.

Thanks

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

May 162008

Impala 3.4L

GM is fallin off bad,they need to recall this problem,my car was fine until the security light started coming on then the power locks went out now the trunk switch ,and the service engine light keeps flashing ,i also have a battery indicator flashing,and the radio reads locked ,all this happened in 1 week, now I have made an appointment with the dealership to get my pass lock key relearned and make sure my pass key sensor is fine and also my bcm which 9 times out of 10 they will try to have me replace at my expense. i tried reprogramming my computer but that does not ork,there fore i give up to the dealer she goes.if there is any other alternatives please let me no......

- , Portage, Micghigan, USA