7.0

2. replace dimmer switch (1 reports)
2002 Chevrolet Impala accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Oct 202008

Impala LS 3.8L V6

Interior dash lights dim when headlights are on so at night I cannot see any of the gauges. I thought it was just a fuse but they work intermittently and of course, they fail when I need them most. It sounds like it maybe is some type of sensor. I haven't had it looked at professionally. I seem to get by using my cell or IPOD light.

Update from Jun 6, 2009: ok so i got it fixed....i had to replace the dimmer switch, the one that turns on your headlights and controls the dash lights. You can buy it new for about $120 but i got a used piece on ebay for about $40 and i am good to go :)

- , Cannelton, IN, USA

Aug 272007

Impala ES 3.2L V6

Around the time my traction control started activating for no reason, my dashboard lighting started to go in and out. Its not a fuse. My dashboard, odometer, radio, etc. light during the day, even if I turn on my headlights. However, at night (whether I use automatic lights or not), nothing in the interior lights up. I use a flash light to read the speedometer and then hit cruise control to know how fast I am driving. Was told it was more than a $1,000 to repair.

- , Richmond, VA, USA