2002 Chevrolet Impala brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Impala:

2002 Chevrolet Impala Owner Comments

Jan 252010

Impala LS 3.8L V6

I went to back out of the garage yesterday and the brakes locked up. I accelerated through it and got the car out. It was pretty scary. I thought maybe they got wet and then froze? I live in snow country, so this was a possibility. I drove slow and cautious...testing the brakes. Everything seemed okay for about 2 miles. I came to a red light, and the brakes sunk to the floor. They caught, but wow, another really scary moment. Heading back home, they locked up when I tapped them, the pedal was only pushed an inch. Fluid is fine, no puddles in garage. I have no idea what I'm facing here. I welcome any feedback.

- , Amherst, NY, USA